Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am about to buy one of these. Are there any issues that the more experienced members of the Forum could advise me on please?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Not really, I've found it works really well. Can be a bit sensitive to different versions of Windows and the interface is a bit clunky, otherwise it is incredibly useful, especially for 'flashing mileage' and airbag resets.

S

·
0 Posts
Am about to buy one of these. Are there any issues that the more experienced members of the Forum could advise me on please?
Recently used mine to reset the oil counter when I did an oil change. seems it can do quite a lot including turning off the alarm beep, turn off hazards on harsh deceleration, seat belt warnings etc (haven't done any of that but it's possible).

Found it useful for testing lights and relays etc as you can select them individually. As an example you can make reverse light come on and check its working from outside car.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not really, I've found it works really well. Can be a bit sensitive to different versions of Windows and the interface is a bit clunky, otherwise it is incredibly useful, especially for 'flashing mileage' and airbag resets.
Thanks for all the responses.
So, problems with some versions of Windows? What did you notice please?

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Thanks for all the responses.
So, problems with some versions of Windows? What did you notice please?
Best advice is to use as old a version as possible (within reason)

Works fine with XP for example which as a bonus means you can use quite a cheap laptop.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Works fine on Windows 10, if you have any problems you need to select a lower "latency" in the comms settings. I don't know what it is but worked for me in the past! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts