Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
I have purchased a modified ELM 327, also an adaptor lead 3 (yellow), according to the Multiecuscan site these are the connectors i need for a Giulietta 2.0 diesel (2010).
I have down loaded the Drivers for the ELM 327, it is showing as port com 6, i have gone into my PC & checked it is stating that the port is functioning correctly.
I have downloaded the Free version of Multiecuscan (i know i need to pay to actually use it), i wish to check that it will connect to my car before i purchase the required version.
When i press connect button with EML 327 connected to USB port on PC & OBD11 on car with ignition switch on, it will not connect, & tells me that an EML 327 is required & to check port & cables??.
Can any one point me in the right direction, it may be something i am doing??, or possible a faulty part.
The supplier of the EMP327 is answering my queries, so far asking me to check part is correct also questioning if free version of multiecuscan is correct for my car, should it still connect with free version??, or will it only connect with paid for version??.
Thanks in anticipation.

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
No need to pay to use Multiecuscan except if you want to use extra features. The few times I have had to use it I have had to experiment with ports and if I recall correctly the baud rate. I'm sure if they did an Apple version it would be so much easier! I keep a netbook just to use Multiecuscan.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for replies, i put the port into the multiecuscan settings, it appears to connect, then tell me it needs the registered version, then disconnects & will only simulate, which all appears correct to me-i think????.

·
Registered
15 Posts
That's the same issue I was having with Multiecuscan, it would connect but immediately tell me in needed the registered version so couldn't use it for anything. I tried using AlfaOBD instead and had a lot more success, it connected to all of the modules and gave readouts for everything, I even managed to clear a couple of error codes from my rear wiper on the body computer. The free version of AlfaOBD does everything I need it to, the main limits of it are a 15 minute maximum runtime, but that can be worked around by just closing and reopening the program every now and again, the free version also doesn't do active diagnostics but I don't need that.
If you are having issues connecting with AlfaOBD then click advanced and make sure the port is correct (it doesn't automatically detect this like multiecuscan does so use multiecuscan if you need to check which it is).

AlfaOBD

1 - 5 of 5 Posts