Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

for those that have been following my recent threads, i finally received my OBD cable in the mail.

I ran MES and was impressed with it.

i played a bit with it in simulator prior anyway, and i saw the DPF regen items. they were not in red.

But today I attempted to run the forced regen and it said it was only available on the full version.

So i guess my question is, is it worth the 50euros to do that feature? and will i benefit anything else from paying later on.

I know i can drive to regen the DPF, but when my mechanic performed this operation it dropped from 85% blocking to 69% which was a decent hit... i doubt that it can be done that much on a regular auto-regen.

seems bait hefty for the one feature...

is there other software that can do it for free or cheaper?
are there any promo codes for getting the registered at a cheaper rate?

thanks guys

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
The cost of an Alfa Dealer clearing EML codes once pays for the licence!

·
Registered
8,497 Posts
The cost of an Alfa Dealer clearing EML codes once pays for the licence!
:thumbs: IIRC my local dealer wanted £75 just to hook it up.

·
Registered
896 Posts
I recon its worth it if u are keeping the car. U can only reset the service indicators with paired version
And the max 4 parameter and 20 mins limit can be an annoying with free version.

But I manage with F version and as the car gets older your probably get more free. Get loads for the 916
That's 2000 reg though

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I'm on my 5th Alfa now - had fiat/multiECUScan for a long time - proven invaluable along the way.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Well worth it. I wouldn't own an Alfa without having it. Had the car nearly 8 years and it's proved to be a very worthwhile investment.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
It's worth it. You will also need to register it to reset the oil degradation sensor after you do an oil change. I can't be bothered changing oil anymore so I get a local mobile mechanic to do it (the under tray is a PITA) but he sometimes forgets to reset the sensor so it's handy that I can do it myself...

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
It's definitely worth it, especially as, if you know what yore doing, you can, like I do, offer sessions for a case of beer.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
It's definitely worth it, especially as, if you know what yore doing, you can, like I do, offer sessions for a case of beer.
Haha great idea!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Like. The decision is unanimous..

Very good points raised. I guess if I pay up I should
really start doing all the servicing my self

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
Haha great idea!
Even the indies don't want to just give you a read out, I wil give you an hour, do my bit, give advice, and let you fart about yourself if you want.

And it's a one off, come back again, no need for extra beer unless you want to.

I've always got the latest version

1 - 11 of 11 Posts