Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I was excited today to receive my Multiecuscan kit, but progress has been hindered! I'm hoping someone out there might have some ideas to help me please?

I have installed drivers and Multiecuscan and registered as per instructions. My Windows laptop is running Windows 7 Pro, and already has Microsoft .NET framework 4.5 installed. All looks good until I connect the OBDLink cable to a USB port. In Device Manager, instead of the lead being listed as a Port (COM & LPT), it is listed as Other Devices / OBDLink SX. Therefore I cannot configure the port settings which seems necessary for the software. So the software does not recognise the cable as it needs to be setup to a specific COM port.

Can anyone provide any assistance please? No matter what I do, when I plug the cable in it does not come up in Device Manager as a COM port, just an "other device"..... Frustrating as I wanted to play with it tonight :depressed:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When you choose connection type, it serms to offer COM3 or COM4 as the port. And if I do a search for connection, it only serms to try to find 3 and 4 and does not find the cable on either.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay, with thanks to Mike at Gendan Limited, I did not have the latest driver installed. For reference, the cables supplied use FTDI USB chips, so need the latest drivers from the FTDI website.

http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/D2XX.htm

Once I installed these and restarted the laptop, everything works! May be useful for others one day....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts