Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After the 10th time (through the years) that the airbag warning light appeared again after moving the seat forward, I decided to buy the hardware for the fiat ecu scanner. On ebay I saw multiple coloured cables for each function. I also saw some modified elm pc adaptors which I guess are one for every function. Is there any reliable cable for every purpose, or I have to buy purple, yellow etc ?

·
Premium Member
6,868 Posts
After the 10th time (through the years) that the airbag warning light appeared again after moving the seat forward, I decided to buy the hardware for the fiat ecu scanner. On ebay I saw multiple coloured cables for each function. I also saw some modified elm pc adaptors which I guess are one for every function. Is there any reliable cable for every purpose, or I have to buy purple, yellow etc ?
The only "one-plug-fits-all" solution is the multiplex version of MES with the cantiecar interface. Ease of use comes with a higher price ;)
https://www.multiecuscan.net/OrderMultiplexed.aspx

otherwise you need to buy the required interface+adapter cables, see f.i. for complete package:
https://www.gendan.co.uk/product_FESPKG.html

on the MES site you can also see which adapter cables are required for your model car:
https://www.multiecuscan.net/SupportedVehiclesList.aspx

·
Registered
5,908 Posts
I bought my cable from RareBear on here for around €40 delivered

·
Registered
234 Posts
I used a VAG-Com cable I think that's what it's called to communicate with my car, and the SRS unit to clear airbag lights (after I fixed the fault). Luckily it was all wired up correctly so it worked for me. Can't be too sure with these things you can buy online for cheap.

Have you cleaned the connectors and cable tied them together so the connector is not knocked loose in the future? I did that to the curtain airbag connector that's positioned in the boot and it worked for me. I think I also cable tied up the under seat connectors so that would not affect me as well. So far, it has not.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used a VAG-Com cable I think that's what it's called to communicate with my car, and the SRS unit to clear airbag lights (after I fixed the fault). Luckily it was all wired up correctly so it worked for me. Can't be too sure with these things you can buy online for cheap.

Have you cleaned the connectors and cable tied them together so the connector is not knocked loose in the future? I did that to the curtain airbag connector that's positioned in the boot and it worked for me. I think I also cable tied up the under seat connectors so that would not affect me as well. So far, it has not.
I've tied the connectors under the seats (147 GTA seats), but in every 20 times I move it, one will be unlucky. I was planning to change the connectors with new ones because I suspect the connection they establish is loose by nature, but I've never done it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts