Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I have a 2015 G Sprint which i am massively pleased with, but am somewhat confused regarding the MultiAir specs / options. So far the standard 150hp is fine but i cant help but lust for a bit more. However, all of the remap / tuning box options seem to be based on the 140 / 170 specs, that and geeky inquisitiveness is the reason for the questions!

1) Am i correct in thinking that basically the 1.4MA is available in 140 / 170 (and 150) hp options?

2) What is the difference between the units - is it just mapping or does the 170 have a bigger turbo etc.?

3) Assuming they are different in terms of hardware, is my 150 a tuned 140, or detuned 170?!

4) Given the car is only 8 weeks old (7,000 miles) is it sensible to be considering a remap? Especially so given the vast mileage i cover!

Thanks guys - looking forward to your replies!

T

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
1 - Within the Giulietta the Multiair is available in 150 and 170bhp options only. Within the whole fiat and alfa range it is available in 105 (no turbo), 135, 140, 150, 170 and 180bhp versions.

2 - the basic engine is fundamentally the same. There are a few different turbos but essentially it boils down to a bigger turbo on the higher output versions and no turbo at all on the very lowest. I couldn't tell you which turbo goes onto which output though.

3 - I am 99% certian that the 150 is a detuned 170.

4 - seems like a very sensible option :)

To answer your next question ;) the 180bhp version was fitted to the Abarth Punto Evo Essesse. I think it has its own special turbo but I am not sure on that.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1 - Within the Giulietta the Multiair is available in 150 and 170bhp options only. Within the whole fiat and alfa range it is available in 105 (no turbo), 135, 140, 150, 170 and 180bhp versions.

2 - the basic engine is fundamentally the same. There are a few different turbos but essentially it boils down to a bigger turbo on the higher output versions and no turbo at all on the very lowest. I couldn't tell you which turbo goes onto which output though.

3 - I am 99% certian that the 150 is a detuned 170.

4 - seems like a very sensible option :)

To answer your next question ;) the 180bhp version was fitted to the Abarth Punto Evo Essesse. I think it has its own special turbo but I am not sure on that.
Thanks again Ransoman!!

So, disregarding my next question, when looking at remap options i should be able to achieve the quoted figures as given for the 170 engine?

Further question, any suggestions as to the best options when it comes to remaps and tuning boxes? My head says go with someone like Autodelta....?

T

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
I would think so yes. It should have exactly the same tuning potential.

For the tuning boxes, as long as you buy a known brand you should be ok. Some of the cheap tuning boxes on ebay are nothing more than resisters in plastic cases that messes with the sensor data to give the impression of more power. Autodelta and spider are 2 good brands I have heard mentioned here before.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts