Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to share this as a great example of Alfa Romeo pragmatism and great customer service, both from my local Pentagon (Doncaster) alfa dealer and Alfa Romeo themselves.

I have an Alfa Mito QV 12 plate, 39k miles on the clock 1 year outside of warranty. Has been serviced to schedule (was a fleet car for most of its life). 3 months after i bought it earlier this year it developed an engine warning light which was eventually diagnosed as a multi air unit problem (this was at an independent garage).

I then emailed Alfa with my story and context (Alfa lover, have owned GT/159/Mito and will be in the market for a Giulia). Also my disappointment that an integral engine part could fail at 39k miles. I anticipated they would ask me to take it to the local dealer so i did. Was immediately diagnosed as a multi-air failure

Combination of great support from the Alfa dealer and Alfa themselves resulted in Alfa Romeo agreeing to cover the complete cost of the multi air unit replacement.

Really gives me confidence for how Alfa are now handling their customers in the UK. Thanks to both the dealer, this forum and manufacturer for dealing with this issue (i knew it was a known weakness of the multi-air engines from this forum)

·
Registered
36,837 Posts
I think when the dealer and Alfa are coordinated it can work. However my last issue happened just before the European August shutdown and the dealer person in the UK following the claim went on holiday. Both Alfa(Fiat) uk and Italy took it on and it was a bit of a mess! The dealer said that their warranty claims with VW were much easier for their Skoda customers. This was a couple of years ago do hopefully things are better.

·
Registered
542 Posts
To be fair, Ive had good service for another Alfa dealer. Research in Nuneaton. Faulty front parking sensor, replaced under warranty. Apparently they could not get the car to display the fault, but changed the sensor anyway(it was definitely faulty), gave me a courtesy car, a 500 abarth for the day and it was cleaned with the tyres shining with tyre covering when I came to pick it up at the end of the day. Very happy with the service, if they keep this up as I said to the service chap, this would keep me buying Alfas. Its better service than Peugeot and Vauxhall have provided with my previous cars and hopefully it will continue and keep me in Alfas.:thumbup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts