Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to obtain a suitable cable to connect multiecuscan diagnostics to my daughtours Mito.
Purchased one of these "ELM327" Chinese Clones from Ebay and it does not work,
cannot connect to ECU.
have contacted another supplier on Ebay who is totally non commital as to its suitability and would not confirm to accept a return it if it does not work.
Can anyone advise where I can purchase a suitable ELM327 lead

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your reply .
I have previously read Yani's from MultiECUScan posted in 2011 about the the fix at the time. The ELM units supplied now, are probably different. What I would ideally like is an ELM unit that will consistently connect with the Ecus' even after the updates to the diagnostic program.
I found out that GENDON Ltd is a distributor for Multiecuscan in the Uk so I will be giving them a call to see what they can offer.

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Gendan.

I have their kit, About £100 including a years licence for the software.

Nice package.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Obtained Leads from Gendan100% connectivity, removed all that frustration trying to connect to ECU
My advice is to save money being wasted on those Ebay clones and get the real thing from Gendan
The old saying " buy cheap and pay twice"

·
Registered
29 Posts
I paid about £3 for a Bluetooth ELM 237 adapter from Ebay linked up with my phone via Torque it does all the simple stuff I am expecting.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am a noob when it comes to IT so I wanted a plug and play without any complications to connect and the Gendan kit did that for me. Brilliant you got a result for £3.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Sorry to bring this thread up, had a conversation with a friend yday who said he took his alfa to a well known garage and they said the ELM / MultiECUScan isnt used as its not "Professional enough"...Now is that true or the pro garage use other software / hardware packages?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts