Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm really interested in buying a Mito - my first new car after not driving for several years. I'm looking at the 1.4 95bhp Lusso in solid black.

I went to the dealership in Manchester today and went through some finance quotes etc, and I'm going back in the morning for a test drive.

The talk will then get to money, and I was wondering how successful people have been in negotiating new Mitos down on price? Any tips or any particular things I should say to help get the price down? The cost is £13265 - how low do you reckon I could go? :)

Cheers,
Nick

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Hi Nick. I wasn't very successful in lowering the price at all on my MiTo but I'm a young guy and this was my first new car negotiating so I'm not very skilled, but I got them to give me other things like superguard. I hope all goes well if you decide to buy a MiTo. :).

·
Registered
113 Posts
Try using autoebid website first to see what a realistic price is - a good starting point.

Secondly, once you have found the car etc you want and have got a quote from Manchester, don't sign up straight away. Write the details down, and tell them you will think about it but will also have a look at a few other dealers to see what deals they will offer.

Then get on the phone and call round a few dealers - even ones further away (I bought my last new car from London, even though I live in Yorkshire - they were £400 cheaper than anyone else and transported it up to me and collected the p/x).

Anther option if they are not willing to move anymore on price is to ask for free service(s). Doesn't cost them much, a couple of hours of a mechanics time, but to you its a few hundre pounds saving.

Good luck

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
check budgens out and speak to jamie, if you dont mind travelling to pick your mito up you should speak to him first....i had an awesum deal and so did ali c and others too.....really recommend you speak to him before you decide:)

if you dont mind a used mito they have the pale blue version on the fourcourt, its been discontinued now and quite rare, i think only ubizzle has that colour on here, its bloody gorgeous, and was up for £12k ish....ask jamie to send a foto its s stunning colour, if i hadnt got my QV i think i would have had that one....specially as there are not many about...

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/members/budgen+alfa+romeo.html

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have bought several new cars over the years and usually get over 10% off list price with a factory order and various optional extras. I tried all my best negotiating and assertiveness techniques on the mito (1.6JTD lusso) but the best i managedwas the metallic paint in for free so about £400 discount. Couldnt find any discounts on line either so gave up and ordered anyway. Good luck.....

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all your replies :)

Well... I've ordered a Mito! Lusso 95bhp spec in Black. Managed to get £400 off the price, and some mats and fuel thrown in too (although the money off was what I was really after). I was going to compare other dealers but in the end I ended up just going to the local dealer (2 mins walk form my house) - I doubt I'd get that more off elsewhere anyway.

Should get it in 2-3 weeks - so excited :D

Nick

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
Good luck on the free mats - seeing as they are part of the spec!

Thats probably as good as deal as you will do, helped by the fact that its the end of Q2 this week.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Just bought the missus a brand new Honda jazz and I jokingly said wow that's high mileage for a brand new car, surely that's worth £400 off and he just said yes. I was only kidding as it had 11 mile on the clock. I got free mats, first service free but they wouldn't let my 3 year old daughter have a teddy bear. Very odd.

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
still think you should have spoken to jamie....but hey if you are happy....:)

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Just bought the missus a brand new Honda jazz and I jokingly said wow that's high mileage for a brand new car, surely that's worth £400 off and he just said yes. I was only kidding as it had 11 mile on the clock. I got free mats, first service free but they wouldn't let my 3 year old daughter have a teddy bear. Very odd.
Dude, a Honda?!! C'mon mate you're letting the side down you should've got her a MiTo. ;) :lol:

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Fair enough! :thumbs:

I'm lamenting the day when I have kids and have to ditch the Mito :( but get a Giulietta instead :)
I could soon be getting rid of my V6 too, I need an estate. I shall really miss the Alfa but needs must. Im looking at getting a Mitsubishi Legnum VR4, 2.5 V6 twin turbo. I'd go for a 156 sportwagon but it would have to be the GTA and I can't afford £8000. :-(
So my Alfa days could soon be numbered. :-(

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
I could soon be getting rid of my V6 too, I need an estate. I shall really miss the Alfa but needs must...
... as the devil drives (quite apt). :lol:

Dude, ya breakin' me heart. :cry: Still, it's better a Mitsubishi than a Beamer or some other lesser marque! ;)

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
I could soon be getting rid of my V6 too, I need an estate. I shall really miss the Alfa but needs must. Im looking at getting a Mitsubishi Legnum VR4, 2.5 V6 twin turbo. I'd go for a 156 sportwagon but it would have to be the GTA and I can't afford £8000. :-(
So my Alfa days could soon be numbered. :-(
noooooooooooooooooooooooo david please dont, i love your bella, shes fab, will miss you on meets too....dont go:eek:

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
and the colour is fab too:)

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
that is truly hilarious :lol:

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
noooooooooooooooooooooooo david please dont, i love your bella, shes fab, will miss you on meets too....dont go:eek:
Awwwww will you miss me Tess?
( like a fart in a sleeping bag I bet lol).
You could always buy my bella if you want..... Even if it's just as a reminder of me lol. £900 and it's all yours.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts