Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30,030 Posts
No mention of Q2...
Why should it!
It doesn't come with one and nothing other than a few 1.9 Diesel 147/GT ever has.

You can fit an LSD to ANY car.
Car reviews don't usually list all the extra non OEM bits that you need to make them better.

Remember the Q2 is a Diesel part, it isn't a 3.2V6 part, it just happens to fit them.

M

·
0 Posts
Yet another reviewer who really can't understand the art of driving.....if you expect to be able to jump into 'any' car and drive it like a loon, it's bound to disappoint......'real' drivers 'learn' a car...and how to get the best out of it.

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Why should it!
It doesn't come with one and nothing other than a few 1.9 Diesel 147/GT ever has.

Car reviews don't usually list all the extra non OEM bits that you need to make them better.

Remember the Q2 is a Diesel part, it isn't a 3.2V6 part, it just happens to fit them.
I am with David here - Why would you consider the Q2 when it was never even an factory option on the GTA. Lets be honest - They are a handfull! That is one of the bits I enjoy, I am used to pushed understeering Alfa V6's and have been since my 164 Lusso. It is easily compensated for and my driving style is set to it - anything else means I have to adjust.

David - The Q2 is standard on newer breed is it not? Brera S

·
Vendor
45,421 Posts
David - The Q2 is standard on newer breed is it not? Brera S
Brera has a standard open differential but something called eQ2 which brakes the inner wheel when it detects it slipping if you corner really hard.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Brera has a standard open differential but something called eQ2 which brakes the inner wheel when it detects it slipping if you corner really hard.
eQ2 is pretty dire really and if you use it hard like on the track you can set fire to the pads (the pads limit the slip & do the braking so never get cool).

But....the chassis is very competent & composed on the newer cars and dry traction is plentiful; even in the wet they are reasonably composed.

Torque steer isn't much of an issue either.

No one can deny that the 156 series standard cars fitted with the Busso 3.2 are pretty crap on anything other than a billiard smooth dry road.

Even with a Q2 you can still easily overwhelm things easily in the wet and they steer where they want to when you boot it:lol:

Show them a bumpy road with dips & crests and you need to take it easy for fear of losing the sump or pushing the engine or suspension through the bonnet.

For that reason alone, the MSN review of a standard car is pretty spot on really.

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
I suppose it's fairly indicative how many GTA owners both 147 and 156 have modified their cars from standard to make them better.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Why should it!

Fair point, I wasn't aware that Q2 wasn't available as an option. The main reason I posted the link was having not driven a GTA I wondered how others might see it.

I have to say though that these articles are usually pretty poor but they do have the Sud in the top 10 best hatches however, as is also pointed out in the articles comments, there is no mention of other notable hot hatches, i.e. Renault 5 GT Turbo and the Fiat Uno Turbo which arguably should be there.

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
Does it matter ?

As an Alfa owner I get plenty of comments some good, some bad, the good ones are nice to receive the bad ones I just shrug off it's my car my choice I didn't ask you to pay for it and don't expect you to understand my passion. :D

·
Registered
24,531 Posts
Well, at least the MkIII Golf GTI also makes it into the horrid list.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts