Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
19,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or does anyone else think the attempt to oust Michael Martin is merely a cynical ploy to divert attention away from the sticky-fingered thieving gits who caused this whole rumpus in the first place?

I'm sure the Speaker had his part to play but to try and put all of the blame on him stinks of scape-goatism to the nth degree. I just hope the British public are smart enough to see through this and don't let the others off the hook just because they're trying to create another Fred Goodwin figure.

N

·
0 Posts
Well, it's not like he was putting in the dodgy expense claims is it?

Seems a bit rich if some of the "Honourable" "Members" as calling
for his head if they've actually been the ones on the fiddle.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Poor sod really. He does rather seem to be being made the scapegoat in an attempt to spin our attention away from all their wrongdoings.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Hi,Fraser.:)

You make a fair point.

I have heard the word integrity
used by those named
but never do they use the word Morality
much to their shame
a little humility would not go amiss
but these M.P.s are taking the ####

John.

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Fraser, I was saying exactly that to the wife last night, they are just doing it to divert attention away from themselves........From what I understand they are in essence blaming him for giving them enough leeway to abuse the system....
Someone please correct me if i'm wrong in my assumption

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
The speaker seems to have little control over the house. They need a speaker with more backbone in place.

I might be wrong, but isn't he in charge of the commity that passes the expenses ?

P

·
0 Posts
Really :eek:

You'd never think that of politicians would you? Manipulating the situation to best suit themselves :tut:

Next time I'm voting MRLP :rolleyes: They look like people you can trust :thumbs:

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
I still say we should start an AO party and invite the Stig to be the minister for transport :thumbs:

·
Administrator
45,148 Posts
Agree entirely Fraser. Heard an MP yesterday saying something along the lines of 'showing the public we are determined to fix the problem'. No, you're showing the public you're determined to blame someone else for something you did wrong, in the hope that it goes away.

This reaction just pushes them even lower in my estimation than the original expenses fraud did in the first place.

·
Registered
54,872 Posts
I think the answer is that yes, they are focusing the blame onto the speaker
but that he is not an innocent scapegoat. He seems to deserve to go
along with many others.

It will be a shame if he is the only one to go and I hope that does not
happen. The honest ones in there (if there are any) need to try and
use this episode as a means of ousting as many rotten apples as they
possibly can.

H

·
0 Posts
I think the worst culprits will go one way or another, if they don't lose their jobs directly over this issue, they'll certainly lose their seat once a GE is called.

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
I think the answer is that yes, they are focusing the blame onto the speaker
but that he is not an innocent scapegoat. He seems to deserve to go
along with many others.

It will be a shame if he is the only one to go and I hope that does not
happen. The honest ones in there (if there are any) need to try and
use this episode as a means of ousting as many rotten apples as they
possibly can.
That pretty much means that the government needs to be dissolved then :lol: :cheese:

N

·
0 Posts
2 Choices:

Peaceful Military Coup, Restoration of the Queen as ruler:
Death penalty for MPs proved to be rotten.
Benevolent dictatorship for the next 20-30 years.

Or

Same-old-same-old.

;)

P

·
0 Posts
Let's face it - things never change!

Yesterday on Jeremy Vine people were suggesting giving all the wrongly claimed money to charity. How about reinjecting it into our economy? Maybe we wouldn't be in such a bad state if the state wasn't so bad.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts