Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Copied from Fleet News -

New car registrations continue to slide

April was the 11th consecutive month that new car registrations have fallen, with large scale falls from most manufacturers.

According to figures from the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders, only Alfa Romeo (up 76.8 thanks to the launch of the MiTo small car), Chevrolet (up 17.8% due to strong sales from the Lacetti and Matiz), Hyundai (increasing by 19% with strong demand for the i10 city car and i30 lower-medium hatchback), and Smart (rising by 7%) bucked the trend.

For the rest the falls were, in some cases, severe – Renault down 63% and Saab falling by 55%.

Other heavy falls came from BMW (-39%) and Fiat which fell by 49%.

April’s sales of 133,475 are 24% down on the same month last year, and bring total sales this year to 613,833 – down nearly 29% for the year-to-date.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good for Alfa, but bad if they become common because then we will all be sheep like BMW drivers etc.
It will take a lot to move Mr 3 Series out of his or her BMW, they are good cars, and very "aspirational" to every Mondeo or Vectra driver

·
Registered
803 Posts
Good for Alfa, but bad if they become common because then we will all be sheep like BMW drivers etc.
Got to look at the relative volumes of sales, ford are selling 1000s of cars where as alfa are selling 600 odd. This isnt going to get them to be common as muck cars!

I think its good news, better a marque that is going to be arround to provide the next generation of cars than having to buy that BMW because there isnt anything else!!!

GK

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
...and yet everytime I walk towards my car from in front or behind I just wonder what people see in a BMW or Audi. Good publicity, probably.

I know that feeling, every time I open my garage door, I smile

My Buell looks great and the Alfa aint'arf bad:lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts