Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bo**ocks

While parking in Leamington with the family outside Pizza Hut I swung into a parking spot. While reading the parking allowance sign and listening to a 3 year old and a 5 year old fight over a conker I did not notice a 1 foot brick wall at the front of the parking spot...AND BANG !!!!.

Its not good... Caught the funny pointy thing of the bumper below the fog light (what I would call the air scoop !!) and its smashed, cracked and gone inwards. Its a new bumper:cry:

As its a company car it will be fixed for free :p but I can only send it in once a year or I'm charged £150. Should I send it in now...or wait until after the bad weather just in case someone runs into me:confused: As I had three drivers run into the back of me in the winter last year:(

·
Registered
15 Posts
Munco,

Sorry to hear of your news, must be so annoyed. I often see stupid little walls like that near parking spots, or low posts and if you don't notice them as you approach the space they can be almost impossible to see, especially if reversing in. Guess its just bad design or maybe car park designers are working with car manufacturers to drum up business.

Hope you get it sorted.

·
Registered
35,723 Posts
sorry to hear that.The "air scoop" is actually part of the pedestrian protection form of the front.The pedestrians leg must meet the upper and lower parts of the bumper at around the same time; they have to be joined by a vertical line.Old cars where the "spoiler" met the pedestrian a bit later caused more leverage/injury.
How Safe Is Your Car | ALFA ROMEO Giulietta 2011 - 1.4 MultiAir 4D Hatch 6sp man 1.4L 4cyl T/Petrol
note pedestrian safety"The Giulietta scored maximum points for the protection offered by the bumper to pedestrians' legs"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts