Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, i'm a proud owner of an Alfa 147 1.6 Twin Spark lusso and am loving it, I've heard a lot about cam belts and other gremlins hope mine will be immune to these issues! A happy new year to you all!
Best regards,
Alan

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:) Hi there, i bought it with 6300 miles on the clock from a local Fiat dealer 6 months ago, it will also be three years old in March 2007, do you recomend a cam-belt change then even though it has only covered 12000 miles until present and is going in for service in the new year? My brother bought the JTD with 11300 miles on the clock from the same dealer and it's a 2004 model as well and in the same colour Alfa red and they are both LUSSO spec do the JTD suffer from the same cam-belt issues? Our dealer is Wilson and Purves in Crawley any feedback on them? Thanks for all your help and the warm welcome!

·
Registered
785 Posts
Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi there thanks for your message, hope you have as much fun as i'm having, I need to be careful on the M25 as i tend to get carried away with the tune of the engine! :) My brother drives the JTD which i've driven a bit too and they are both undoubtedly a joy to drive, having always had VW's and Audi's these have another soul the "Cuore Sportivo" unlike any other cars to drive!
Take good care and a very happy new year full of joy and above all health!
Cheers,
Alan

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Glenda,
A very happy new year to you too, may it be a positive one in all senses! Glad that you agree with me regarding the driving experience!
Take care,
Alan

1 - 15 of 15 Posts