Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to hire a 7 seater at the end of February to get to a wedding. We'll be away for two nights so will be a few cases with wedding togs, other clothes plus baby buggy and the mountain of gear that young children seem to require these days.

Local companies offer the Vauxhall Zafira, Ford Galaxy or VW Sharan. I know nothing about MPVs but recall hearing that there's very little room for luggage when all seats are in use. Does anybody out there have any experience of these? If so is there much luggage space?:confused:

Alternative would be a 9 seater like a Vauxhall Vivaro or VW Transporter.

Any observations welcome:)

JC

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
The Galaxy / Sharan is much bigger than the Zafira. How many of you are actually going? How old are the little ones? We squashed 2 of us + 2 babies + double pushchair + 2 travel cots + wedding garb + stuff for 4 days of stay into the boot of a 3 series estate - so you don't necessarily need huge amounts of room if you pack sensibly and don't mind ironing when you get there!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
5 adults, a 3 year old and an 18 month babe. We can usually pack more than enough but we'll need all 7 seats plus luggage for 5 adults even before we start to consider the kid's stuff.

J

·
0 Posts
it is fair to say that the smaller 7 seaters are not that much kop for dealing with the luggage as well as the occupants.
We had a zafira and TBH i never felt really good about having people in the back, 5th gear did a test with one of the smaller MPV being hit from the rear, the back passengers didn't have a chance in hell....

Personally i would try and get a Mini bus or the Vivaro/Transporter route, far more space for everyone

·
Registered
11,159 Posts
on hols in Florida 4 adults 3 young kids plus 2 weeks of luggage hired a Chrysler Grand Voyager loads of room for all plus luggage quite a nice ride for a school bus too . wouldn't buy one as don't need one but for your purpose it's "job done"

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
For that number, I'd certainly be looking for something bigger than a Zafira, and probably than a Galaxy. The minibus suggestion was spot on IMHO.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the responses guys. I think we'll probably go with the 9 seater minibus option - that way we should have ample room for luggage and probably more comfortable for passengers as well

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
We had a Toyota Previa when our kids were young. We could carry 7 passengers and still get a pram in the boot. Mind, it was the 2.4 Petrol Auto and we got about 18mpg out of it (if we were lucky).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts