Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few of you have mentioned that with the MPS4S you get very little clearance under the arches and around the suspension components. There's also talk that not all the QFs are the same under the arches with regards to parts....... we'll, I had my wheels off last week for some detailing work and we took a look at the effects of 6 months with the Michelins and the question of rubbing.

My car is a March 07 registered vehicle and ran Corsas until this summer. We fitted the Michelins following a session at Silverstone, vmax200 and some other stuff. Soon after the swap I did a few laps of the Ring and a session at Silverstone.

What did we find? Some very light contact under the front left arch. You can just see it in the carpet / liner. This is down to a bit of full lock abrasion and maybe some bottoming out on the road / track. The other 3 arches are fine, which tells me that the MPS4S don't rub on a March 07 car. My detailer has seen a few Giulias in for detailing and PPF and commented that they've seen the same on cars with Corsas fitted. A betting man would say the front left arch is a different shape to the others.

Feedback for later models might be handy for other owners..

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
A few of you have mentioned that with the MPS4S you get very little clearance under the arches and around the suspension components. There's also talk that not all the QFs are the same under the arches with regards to parts....... we'll, I had my wheels off last week for some detailing work and we took a look at the effects of 6 months with the Michelins and the question of rubbing.

My car is a March 07 registered vehicle and ran Corsas until this summer. We fitted the Michelins following a session at Silverstone, vmax200 and some other stuff. Soon after the swap I did a few laps of the Ring and a session at Silverstone.

What did we find? Some very light contact under the front left arch. You can just see it in the carpet / liner. This is down to a bit of full lock abrasion and maybe some bottoming out on the road / track. The other 3 arches are fine, which tells me that the MPS4S don't rub on a March 07 car. My detailer has seen a few Giulias in for detailing and PPF and commented that they've seen the same on cars with Corsas fitted. A betting man would say the front left arch is a different shape to the others.

Feedback for later models might be handy for other owners..
Thanks for posting!

Just for reference, you are running 245 or 255 front? And 295 rears?

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
My Corsas have definitely had arch contact. Over humps, if you’re going some and not in hard damper mode, it’s very easily done. I’d bet the raised suspension height on later cars is due to this as much as the scuffing of the front splitter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts