Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who know me from my obsession with trying to get more than 20mpg from my spider will be pleased (mainly because i wont be posting about it morning noon and night) to know that I achieved 34 mpg on the last tankful, admittedly gentle cruising , bit of town work and a 65mph bowl up the motorway with the wind behind, all with top down. She's back on standard jets, new NGK's and some idle mixture fettling - I'm well chuffed to say the least.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Result! In 5 years of ownership my old S3 never needed any carb tuning (sole) , it ran very consistently and would do a regular 35 on a run. So I would say that is sorted. I'm guessing an S4 would be better on fuel?

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Considering the aerodynamics with the top down isn't exactly spectacular I'm surprised I achieved that, I was hoping for 25 - 30 .... - heavy use of the loud pedal would make a difference of course but this puts mine in the potential to go away for a weekend without spending most of the money on fuel.... I think the S4 is better because of the fuel injection but well sorted Dellortos and Webers aren't far behind, keeping the top up would improve things but that aint going to happen.......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts