Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else mpg dropped following de-dpf & remap etc.

I was at 43 mpg but since remap can't gt above 39.
Tried driving in diff styles but can't get it better.

I was using fuelly before and after the remap so i'm sure of the mpg info.

I didn't have the remap done to improve the mpg but i didn't expect it to fall.

·
Premium Member
1,848 Posts
Reading your other thread on issues getting past 3k rpm sounds like you may have an issue. Have you spoke to gus about it?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Mine was done at AHM and they asked what I wanted from a re-map. I said more torque/power at around-town and country road speeds up to about 50mph, and then good cruising economy at 70-80mph. I got just that and get much better mpg (10-20%) at motorway cruising. Were you asked what you wanted, and if so did you ask for power over economy?

Incidentaly, what is "fuelly"? Sounds interesting.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Anybody else mpg dropped following de-dpf & remap etc.

I was at 43 mpg but since remap can't gt above 39.
Tried driving in diff styles but can't get it better.

I was using fuelly before and after the remap so i'm sure of the mpg info.

I didn't have the remap done to improve the mpg but i didn't expect it to fall.
Does it drive better for you after the remap ?

If so even if you have lost a few miles to the gallon is that still not worth it for the greater enjoyment ?

Yes of course you want both but if you have neither thats the time to really start complaining.

By the way who did the remap ?

Alan

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Normally it improves but the on-board might sow worse according to other posts.

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
Incidentaly, what is "fuelly"? Sounds interesting.

a free website that you can use to automatically track your car's mpg. you just put in details of each time you fuel up (mileage, no. of litres) and it works out the rest.

trip computers are notoriously inaccurate & over optimistic - fuelly gives you properly calculated figures :thumbs:

Fuelly | Share and Compare Your MPG

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Just looked at your fuelly figures Al.... interesting that a lot of yours are partial fills, I dont usually put partial figures in as it says it can affect the overall figure, not sure why, thats just what it says.

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
yeah the partial fills are when i just nip into my local (rip-off) garage cos i haven't got time to go to morrisons for a tankfull (or the week before pay day :lol: )

you DO need to put them into your fuelly page though. a partial fill means it can't give you an mpg figure for the tank you've just used, or the next one, but it is all recorded and forms part of your long term average

the long term average is dead easy - it knows your total miles, and the total amount of fuel put in. if you don't include partial fills, it knows your overall mileage but has a wrong (too low) figure for how much fuel you've bought

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
oh right.... knew it did something different with partial fills

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
One of the main reasons for a better mpg is on steady driving you don't need to work the car as hard to make the same progress, due to the greater torque levels lower down the rev range.

If however you drive the car like you stole it all the time then your mpg will be worse.

The DPF removal frees up the exhuast flow but also negates the need for the dreaded regens which kills the mpg figures when operating

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My onboard computer is showing better mpg so that's unreliable.
This is my fuelly Carbonio (Alfa Romeo 159) | Fuelly

The poor mpg in late Oct was due to a fuel leak and just before I had the work done mid-Oct the poor mpg was due to slipping clutch - which was replaced along with flywheel.

I'm doing 70 miles per day, 55 of which are motorway between 70-80.

Work was done at alfatune so should be ok but sounds like you've got better mpg so i'd better get back in touch with Gus.

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
yep i'd have a word with gus if i were you. most of my mileage at the moment is a 17 mile each way commute, about half of which is motorway which can be 40mph one day, 70 the next. the rest on busy rush hour roads. then lots of local short trips at the weekend. and i'm still getting 41/42 to the gallon

·
Registered
8 Posts
Remap Economy

After my remap, EGR and DPF removal my computer said I was getting another 10mpg but the fuel pump litres divided by the miles showed I was getting pretty much exactly the same.

She goes like a train now though! well apart from the notorious week clutch issues!!!!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts