Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone let me know what MPG they are getting out of the Mito 1.4 155 and the 1.6JTM in the real world.

Also has anybody moved from a Brera to a Mito and if so how have you found the Mito in comparison.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Well im getting 27-37 depending on how heavy my foot decides to be. Only done 500 miles btw

P.s Its the 155bhp

·
Registered
841 Posts
Hi Tony. We have the 120 and are getting about 33mpg on average and thats withs some pretty enthusiastic driving. Dont have a Brera but a 159 and on weekends I always find myself using the wifes Mito. Its just as quick as my 159 2.2 and very stable at speed. (Will fly along at 100mph all day long and not break sweat) The 159 probably has comfier chairs, classier interior and a better hi-fi but in every other respect the Mito is its match and has a decent big car feel. Due to my general unhappiness with the 159 for various reasons (fuel economy, hesitation problem, eating tyres at £200 a pop and squeeks and rattles) I too have been considering the switch to a Mito as I for one have been very impressed with it and it does still feel very Alfaesque.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Hi Tony. We have the 120 and are getting about 33mpg on average and thats withs some pretty enthusiastic driving. Dont have a Brera but a 159 and on weekends I always find myself using the wifes Mito. Its just as quick as my 159 2.2 and very stable at speed. (Will fly along at 100mph all day long and not break sweat) The 159 probably has comfier chairs, classier interior and a better hi-fi but in every other respect the Mito is its match and has a decent big car feel. Due to my general unhappiness with the 159 for various reasons (fuel economy, hesitation problem, eating tyres at £200 a pop and squeeks and rattles) I too have been considering the switch to a Mito as I for one have been very impressed with it and it does still feel very Alfaesque.
33mpg...Thats awful...

Surely it should produce more than that....

The officialy figure is 46/7 so you knock off around 7mph for the crap weather etc...You should still average 40 or so...

·
Registered
702 Posts
33mpg...Thats awful...

Surely it should produce more than that....

The officialy figure is 46/7 so you knock off around 7mph for the crap weather etc...You should still average 40 or so...
I was hoping to get 35MPG out of the 155 but tbh its been drinking fuel at a ridiculous amount. At the moment I'm putting it down to have only done 500 miles and am hoping it will rise once it gets to the golden 1000 :thumbs:

·
Registered
841 Posts
Should take official figures with a big pinch of salt.
On a combined cycle or motorway if you take it steady 40 or 45mg is easily achievable. (runnin in we were getting 40+ easily) Get that turbo spinning though and you pay the price. On one particualrly fast run we were under 25mpg.
I think a spirited driver will struggle to better 35mpg in the 120, slightly less in the 155.

N

·
0 Posts
You up for a MiTo Tony?

I vaguely considered it, but I just don't think I'd deal
with such a small car on long haul cruises....

Say what you want about the Brera, but performance
comfort and fun on long trips is spot on.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Should take official figures with a big pinch of salt.
On a combined cycle or motorway if you take it steady 40 or 45mg is easily achievable. (runnin in we were getting 40+ easily) Get that turbo spinning though and you pay the price. On one particualrly fast run we were under 25mpg.
I think a spirited driver will struggle to better 35mpg in the 120, slightly less in the 155.
Hmm...I bought it because it average the same as my 1.2 corsa, which is getting me around 35-40 on journys to work.

30 miles each way manily A roads.

Im quite lively with my foot...but am hoping for it to atleast match the corsa.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Dont believe it Nev. Im still 'old school' and cant imagine myself in a small car but just did 700 mile round trip to Cornwall and back in the Mito and it was very comfy. I nearly took the 159 but we used the Mito and genuinely glad i did as we arrived very fresh.As I said earlier it can cruise at 100 no problem with plenty of oomph and is rock solid aat speed, it really inspires confidence. (125 mph hit on my private runway no bother :))
Its certainly got me questioning the expense of a big car if you dont need the small ammount of extra space. (or probably less space on a Brera?)

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Those mpg figures don't look good. I would be hoping to get 40mpg out of the 155 in every day general driving. I'm getting 28/29 out of the Brera.

·
Registered
841 Posts
I only get 23mpg from my 2.2 which may explain why the Mito is so low :rolleyes:
I think 40mpg on combined cycle is achievable (i know it is) but not if you boot it.....

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
GCD quick question...having tested the 155...I have ordered a 120, do you still get the kick and feeling of being pulled into your seat when putting your foot down?

Thanks

N

·
0 Posts
Dont believe it Nev. Im still 'old school' and cant imagine myself in a small car but just did 700 mile round trip to Cornwall and back in the Mito and it was very comfy. I nearly took the 159 but we used the Mito and genuinely glad i did as we arrived very fresh.As I said earlier it can cruise at 100 no problem with plenty of oomph and is rock solid aat speed, it really inspires confidence. (125 mph hit on my private runway no bother :))
Its certainly got me questioning the expense of a big car if you dont need the small ammount of extra space. (or probably less space on a Brera?)
Hmmm interesting. :thumbs:

Have to admit I have appreciated the load space in the Brera
(with the seats down) when comapred to my previous 147 though.

·
Registered
841 Posts
GCD quick question...having tested the 155...I have ordered a 120, do you still get the kick and feeling of being pulled into your seat when putting your foot down?

Thanks
Yep, up to about 5,000 rpm I could barely notice any difference. 35bhp extra sounds tempting but 0-60 is only 0.8 of a second slower. 155 is slightly faster but real world driving the 120 flies and is probably more usable. It stil has a great growl and exhaust note just like the 155 and is torquier at lower speeds. We just didnt think the extra £1200 was money well spent. (Stand well back for usual tirade of abuse from 155 owners :))

·
Registered
841 Posts
Hmmm interesting. :thumbs:

Have to admit I have appreciated the load space in the Brera
(with the seats down) when comapred to my previous 147 though.
Good point. :cool:
The brera and 159 have a very different image which is why well probably stick with what we have. I just think the gap on comfrot and driving dynamics between small and large cars is getting smaller and smaller all the time and i have been very impressed with the Mito. (Its nice to have an Alfa again that I can genuinely get behind and praise to the world after the 159 :))

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have a 155 and did two runs over 100 miles at the weekend and the mpg was 40, when doing my 10 miles to work and then back i get more like 25-30...

·
0 Posts

Thanks
Hold on, one minute you are complaining about the mpg - then you want to 'feel da G's' on accelerating - you can't have both :lol:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Yep, up to about 5,000 rpm I could barely notice any difference. 35bhp extra sounds tempting but 0-60 is only 0.8 of a second slower. 155 is slightly faster but real world driving the 120 flies and is probably more usable. It stil has a great growl and exhaust note just like the 155 and is torquier at lower speeds. We just didnt think the extra £1200 was money well spent. (Stand well back for usual tirade of abuse from 155 owners :))
I agree with that, also the fact the 120 is 4 insurance groups lower was a big factor in my girlfriend choosing that over the 155. She does say the 155 felt quite a bit quicker as that's what she had the test drive in, but still very very happy with the 120!

I also think the exhaust on the 120 looks better than the twin one that you get on the 155, really like the oval shape.

So far, after nearly 500 miles her's is averaging about 35 mpg and that's with being used mainly for the 5 miles to and from work, with a few longer journeys thrown in, so not bad at all. I have to say that it doesn't feel as quick off the mark as my 156, despite supposedly having the same 0-60 time.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Hold on, one minute you are complaining about the mpg - then you want to 'feel da G's' on accelerating - you can't have both :lol:
I am not complaining as such...I just expect to get near 40.

And why cant you have both.

I wont to put my foot down and be pulled into my seat when I want a smile...

Im not heavy footed all the time, I just like to have the options.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts