Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As much as me and my wife still love our G we are both going to be working much closer to the point where we don't need a diesel anymore and don't need a second car. So rather than just keeping the petrol fiesta and getting rid of the Giulietta we have decided to trade in both towards something much bigger.

So went to test drive a 5.0 SC jaguar XFR and a 3.0 Audi A7which are in totally different leagues to any Alfa currently on the market that can comfortably accomodate a future family with great boot space sadly. Strangely although i like cars with more personality the A7 was actually better than the XF.

Although the XFR had intoxicating power, the A7 with it's AWD was just more managable to use the power in the real world outside of the track and beats the XF in almost every other aspect.

I'm going to be so sad and miss the Alfa when it finally goes as ive had such a good and problem free 3 1/2 years of ownership being my best car owned so far. However this will happen and i will see about maybe coming back to an Alfa after the Giulia has matured and come down in price.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
As much as me and my wife still love our G we are both going to be working much closer to the point where we don't need a diesel anymore and don't need a second car. So rather than just keeping the petrol fiesta and getting rid of the Giulietta we have decided to trade in both towards something much bigger.

So went to test drive a 5.0 SC jaguar XFR and a 3.0 Audi A7which are in totally different leagues to any Alfa currently on the market that can comfortably accomodate a future family with great boot space sadly. Strangely although i like cars with more personality the A7 was actually better than the XF.

Although the XFR had intoxicating power, the A7 with it's AWD was just more managable to use the power in the real world outside of the track and beats the XF in almost every other aspect.

I'm going to be so sad and miss the Alfa when it finally goes as ive had such a good and problem free 3 1/2 years of ownership being my best car owned so far. However this will happen and i will see about maybe coming back to an Alfa after the Giulia has matured and come down in price.
Presumably you mean once they are available on the 2nd hand market. I cannot see the price for a new one coming down. If anything they will go up if the pound continues to drop in value relative to the euro

1 - 2 of 2 Posts