Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New to this lounge, so be gentle....

Went to look at a 159 today, ended up putting a deposit down on a gorgeous GT Q2 in red, has Bose as well. Utterly mesmerising handling, just gripped and gripped.
The leather seats, black with red stitching held me beautifully in place. The Bose sounded gorgeous.
Has the 18" 5 spoke Q2 wheels, all unmarked.
The front bonnet and bumper have had a respray, but a good one, was an ex lease car from Fiat UK, so probably needed this prior to returning. All original underneath the bonnet, no new wings etc..

Unmarked body work, shines up amazingly.

Can't wait until Tuesday now!!! :cry:

I know the difference between the 2 cars will be noticeable, but I think the head to head drive proved that the GT is just as useable and practical on an everyday basis.
Where it will come into its own is when the road opens up and corners appear....

Need to get an ipod cable sorted, assume this is easy and cheap enough. Will look into a bluetooth set up as well, possibly a parrot kit.

Am chuffed, really looking forward, glad to have made the leap of faith. Lets hope the gods of italian cars look down kindly on me, and if they don't, I've got a 12 Month 5 star AA warranty!

·
Registered
963 Posts
Welcome to the red Q2 club!

Hope you enjoy the Q2. Mine has been great if a little unlucky. (Trolley damage in Tesco, bad dose of stone chips on left rear wing)

Better to drive than a 159 as long as you can cope with the harder ride and less forgiving suspension.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers driver!

Am really looking forward to Tuesday, might bring it forward to dinner time, can't wait until the end of the day.

Bring on the corners.

An exclusive club from what I have seen, a pretty rare sight, and even nicer in red......

G

·
0 Posts
I've done it on a couple of occasions...go from a 159 to a GT and to be entirely honest the GT is a much better car. Not quite as well built granted but who cares when it looks and you feel that good in it. The only thing I miss about the 159 is obviously the 3.2 engine :)lol:) and the back doors. Oh and with a rempa which I have no doubyt you will get it is faster than the 1.9 159 and as fast as the 2.4 and 3.2 but without the fuel bills!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts