Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed the cupboard under the sink was a little wet and upon investigation I found a mouse had eaten through the dishwasher outlet hose in about 25 places :mad: Off I went to B&Q to get a new hose (in the snow) and spend a few hours dismantling everything to fit it. So back in business I took the precaution of fitting a mouse sonic buster to the socket in the cupboard. The mouse had also eaten through about half the plastic bottles in the cupboard so that all the chemicals were leaking out everywhere :cry:

Next morning turned the dishwasher on and a jet of water shot across the kitchen, mouse had eaten the new hose :rant:

Back to B&Q (still in the snow), new hose, and two mouse snap traps. A few more hours fitting the hose and setting the traps (Waitrose extra mature cheese).

Next morning the cheese was gone and the traps sprung but no sign of a mouse (or half a mouse) apart from he had taken a dump on the kitchen floor :(, but also no hole in the hose. Hmm so if I feed him he wont trash my stuff. Anyway back to B&Q (in the snow) to get poison :eek:

Poison traps laid and some disturbance the first day, but day two no sign of mouse activity :)

·
Registered
37,151 Posts
Usually if you have evidence of one mouse you actually have several.

I have 2 cats but they are hopeless at catching mice.

I would get some traditional traps and bait them with something like peanut butter, bread or biscuit.

Anything wheaty or sweet should do the trick, but they don't like chocolate or cheese much.

If you use poison they may crawl off to die and create a smell as they decompose.

·
Registered
37,521 Posts
Possibly got one in loft (may have snuck up me Wisteria! :eek: )

Alas not a dyed-in-the-wold mouse murderer (Yes, I know, but I am not a Wuss either - frequently have to rescue them from the cat!) so I am hoping persuasion will work! :lol:

N

·
0 Posts
A lot of you appear to have serious infestations of cat.
Can you not get cat traps? Baited with fish perhaps?

:confused:

N

·
0 Posts
It's a miracle!

Hallelujah!

:lol:

(Can you imagine the scene at the cat maternity hospital when a ginger one pops out?)

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
Moved my compost heap and two mice ran out. My stupid dogs just stood there watching ! :rant: :lol:

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Update:-
No more holes in dishwasher outlet and no sign of mouse activity in the kitchen, however the mouse has taken up tap dancing (with clogs on) on my bedroom ceiling at 5am :cry:

Purchased an electromagnetic mouse buster, it sends signals through the house wiring that makes the mouse feel itchy and hopefully encourages him to move next door.

Cat solution is not possible as I already have cat eating dog :( He knows where the mouse hangs out but is too old to catch it, plus he knocks off at 11pm and does not come back on duty until 7am so tap dancing at 5am is not an issue as far as he is concerned :rolleyes:

·
Registered
37,151 Posts
I am sceptical about those electronic mouse busters..

It sounds like it should be on ebay along with those petrol saving magnets.

M

·
0 Posts
I am sceptical about those electronic mouse busters..

It sounds like it should be on ebay along with those petrol saving magnets.
We used one and it got rid of the mouse...but it could also have been coincidence. Thankfully we have only ever had one mouse in the house so we haven't had to try the unit a second time.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts