Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve had a search around and can’t any information on this. I’ve just fitted a more period Clarion radio cassette to my car, which came with a 6 CD Clarion autochanger. I’ve got it up and running (tapes still sound good!), and have run the cable from the head unit as far as the cubby behind the seat. Unlike the GTV, there doesn’t appear to be space along the back of the boot for it, and the carpeted flap hides a cubby which is too small. I could mount it on the raised bit on the side of the boot if the cable will go through, but it would compromise boot space further!

Does anyone know where and how the autochanger was originally mounted in the Spider which had the autochanger as a fitted option? I have the brackets to mount it, but its just sitting in the bottom of the cubby at the moment, as I dont want to start drilling holes unnecessarily.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
762 Posts
I believe I have seen a picture of it installed on other side from the carpeted flap (on mine (RHD no changer) there is another would be flap that could be opened up with a knife).

·
Registered
444 Posts
Mine was fixed to the ledge in the boot with only two self tapping screws and string (!) as can just about be seen in the picture. There is a cutout in the grey carpet which is pulled back, that the changer pokes through for loading cds.
Just one multicore cable goes through the left side of the hood compartment and emerges through the central console with two tie wraps near the handbrake to keep it out of the way.
The aerial and multicore cables can be seen going through to the hood compartment in the centre of the picture.
Hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
489 Posts
Is the boot set up similar to a GTV? Just fitted the same type of set up in my Cup. Took less than an hour. If it’s the same I can post a pic but I suspect it isn’t as you would not be asking......

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine was fixed to the ledge in the boot with only two self tapping screws and string (!) as can just about be seen in the picture. There is a cutout in the grey carpet which is pulled back, that the changer pokes through for loading cds.
Just one multicore cable goes through the left side of the hood compartment and emerges through the central console with two tie wraps near the handbrake to keep it out of the way.
The aerial and multicore cables can be seen going through to the hood compartment in the centre of the picture.
Hope this helps.

Thats great, thanks. I was thinking it was the flap on the other side of the boot. I’ll investigate futher tomorrow!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is the boot set up similar to a GTV? Just fitted the same type of set up in my Cup. Took less than an hour. If it’s the same I can post a pic but I suspect it isn’t as you would not be asking......

No, its different because of all the roof gubbins. Thanks anyway!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Mine is fitted in the cubbyhole where the battery is on the left (passenger) side. It's stood up on its end. 2 M4 screws hold it in place.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts