Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi can anyone tell me which pin No on the ECU powers the engine fault light in instrument cluster? and will this be an earth switch or a 12v feed to lamp?
Still looking for an replacement ECU if anyone got one.
Mick

·
Registered
74 Posts
/edited Answer: See post #4. /edited

Pins 87 + 88 (+ground G131) are data lines for "T1" diagnostic test, i.e. the 3-pin "Fiat" style plug that is used to connect to the Fiat-Lancia Tester. T1 is hidden under carpet in right hand side footwell, high up, usually tucked away so you can't reach it unless you undo some of the tunnel carpet. (attached picture shows T1 and T11)

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Answer: Pin 8.

Pins 87 + 88 (+ground G131) are data lines for "T1" diagnostic test, i.e. the 3-pin "Fiat" style plug that is used to connect to the Fiat-Lancia Tester. T1 is hidden under carpet in right hand side footwell, high up, usually tucked away so you can't reach it unless you undo some of the tunnel carpet. (attached picture shows T1 and T11)
Hi steven, thanks i have got that but its the engine warning light in instrument cluster that is not working need to identify pin supplying feed on ECU.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi , thanks again i think after looking at wiring dia that its pin 8 on ECU that connects to CEL but not sure if the ECU supplies a 12 volt feed or it performs an earth route?.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
As a general rule, an ECU output will normally be a switched ground.

The CEL is indeed connected to +12v in the dash, the ECU provides a ground to light it. I've got a PDF for the M1.7 as installed in various 4 and 6 cylinder Alfa's, with and without CODE. PM me an email address if you'd like a copy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts