Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried these brake pads on their 156s or 147s? How are they? There are a few sets available and I thought I might give them a try since my rear pair are somewhat worn out.

Motorquality Site

They are Brembo distributor, but these are not "Brembo" branded pads, I think. Anyone know if Brembo makes brake pads for 156/147?

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
To be honest, I wouldn't let anything with such a stupid name anywhere near my car!!
eek!
Can you get Ferodo pads out there??
wink

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No luck (yet) on finding those Ferodo DS2000. Is that a high-performance grade? I think we may only have the OEM-grade Ferodo pads here. rant

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Wisrute B.:
<strong>No luck (yet) on finding those Ferodo DS2000. Is that a high-performance grade? </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oooooooo yes wink
Fredrik is giving some DS2500's a whirl on his GTA, which are a new pad for heavier cars. These should suit the Alfas very well!!
:D

Why can't a Ferodo dealer bring them in for you specially??

N

·
0 Posts
Motorquality sounds like a real misnomer.

Usually if a word such as 'quality' is in the title/name it usually can be translated as 5hyte.

.....unless you are talking about Quality Street chocolates which came from another era without discount/shoddy products wink

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by RicksAlfas:
<strong> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Wisrute B.:
<strong>No luck (yet) on finding those Ferodo DS2000. Is that a high-performance grade? </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Why can't a Ferodo dealer bring them in for you specially??</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The keyword here being specially, it spells trouble for the dealer / distributor. I have a friend who runs a car care business chain, he couldn't find them from Ferodo. rant

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
Can you import them privately??
Then you are not involving any one from the trade??
wink

N

·
0 Posts
Import them privately?

Are we still talking Quality Street or have you moved on to Ferodo Rocher :confused: wink

N

·
0 Posts
.....and Bazza thinks he is the king of going off topic! Pah! I laugh in the face of your puny challenge mortal! :D

·
Administrator
46,134 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Nemesis:
<strong>.....and Bazza thinks he is the king of going off topic! Pah! I laugh in the face of your puny challenge mortal! :D </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I don't think I am. Personally I think that pretty much everything I say on this forum is pertinent and helpful, apart from the odd hilarious comedy aside. It's everyone else that say I'm always going off-topic. :( :D

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by RicksAlfas:
<strong>Can you import them privately??
Then you are not involving any one from the trade??
wink </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's how we have these rather odd brands here like "Motorquality" and "Roesch." A few of us are using Roesch pads, they're quite good, if a little expensive. :D

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Julian, I take my cars to the Sukhumvit branch (Thai Prestige). There are fewer cars there, and they take good care of the cars. If you need further directions, PM me. wink I'm running low on rear brake pads, I thought I might take my car in soon.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thought I'd drop a note here on these Motorquality Red Attack pads. I've been running them in (front and rear) for about 350km so far. They're getting better and better but not quite to a level I like yet.

Initially the pedal was soft and the car didn't stop so well. Now the pedal is firmer, and the car slows down quicker with more confident. It's still not up to where the last set of pads was (Magnet Marelli), but may be 200-300km more, things will be in place. wink

1 - 15 of 15 Posts