Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, are they any good?

Got my 156 1.9jtd 16v m-jet last week with 85k on the clock and although the bloke selling her reckons the water pump was done with the cambelt change at 63k I can't see any evidence of it so going to get it done and was expecting a £500 touch, but motor mech are quoting £230 on their site which is an absolute steel.
Hopefully give her the once over for any work required as there's a small oil leak L/H/F although onboard display says oil levels are max.

Peace of mind required.

Anyone had any experience of motormech I'd be grateful to hear.

Paul.

·
Registered
44,846 Posts
I've used them for my old 20v Fiat, needed a cambelt change and had a quote of nearly £1000 from a local (Warwickshire) garage. I found out about Motormech on another forum, gave them a ring, liked what I'd heard about them and the very reasonable price they wanted to charge so booked the car in. The job took about 6 hours, everything was done properly as far as I could tell and I paid less than half of what the other garage wanted for a job they had said would take 2 working days ! I would recommend Motormech in Birmingham :thumbs:

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers ADF,

Booked in for next thursday:thumbs: Just double checked sevice history and NO waterpump change done with the last cambelt change which was actually at 72k. Hopefully once she's got the all clear I can start looking at a re-map.:cool:

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies, now i've just got to take her steady to the 15th. Which is easier said than done as she keeps begging to be opened up;)

S

·
0 Posts
You've made a good choice. Motor-mech will do right by you and your alfa. Been there for some work in the past and have no hesitation in recommending them to you:thumbs:

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the replies, I'm quite confident I've made the right choice. I've asked for Paul to give her a good once over as stat looks like needs doing and R/H/F bush sounds knackered also.
Will post how we get on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts