Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1021 - 1034 of 1034 Posts

·
Administrator
47,775 Posts
Today I got caught coming out of the services behind a car which ignored the potential of the slip road for accelerating, and joined the motorway at about 30mph.
he then got carried away and went all the way up to 40mph at which point he turned out into the 2nd lane, despite the fact that there was nothing at all in front of him.

Luckily, the way he'd been driving at the start of the slip road had me on pillock alert, so I gave him a lot of space so I could get up to a safe speed myself before joining, and I was almost waiting for him to turn out to lane 2 despite there being no credible reason to do so, so I avoided his attempt to collect me then too.

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
Why can't people ******* merge in turn in a traffic jam? Why can't the people in the right lane drive to the end of the merge and then just.......merge, instead they have to stop 200m back indicating whilst holding up the traffic even more. And why do the people in the left lane believe it's their ******* right of way? No ********, the car to your right is half a cars length ahead of you......it's their right of way. Let them in and let's all get on with our day shall we?
******* bellends the lot of them.

·
Registered
17,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,025 ·
It's the impossible dream. If people did merge in turn, some massive bell would arrive in an S3, steam past everyone, and jump in at the last second. This would ******** the whole thing and we'd be back to square one.

Reactions: Harvo

·
Registered
401 Posts
And don't forget the ** who thinks it's their moral duty to police the situation by straddling the lanes and blocking everybody :mad:. People get the concept at a McDonalds drive thru why not on the road.

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
And don't forget the ** who thinks it's their moral duty to police the situation by straddling the lanes and blocking everybody :mad:. People get the concept at a McDonalds drive thru why not on the road.
Oh. Yeah! I forgot about them! Knob jockeys.

·
Registered
7,329 Posts
In the narrow back streets of Hyde, waiting to go straight on at a give way, I couldn't go because there was a car coming the other way & a car parked right on the junction, so the road was effectively blocked.

So we wait. . . & wait. . . close inspection revealed that the driver of the car coming the other way was a young girl talking on her phone! So, using a phone while driving & just for good measure creating an obstruction!

·
Registered
17,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,029 ·
Sometimes I wonder what is going on in people's heads. I picked up Mrs K, elder child, and elder child's boyfriend from Heaton Park last night after the New Order gig. We were on the M60 at about 12.30am so it was really quiet. I'm in the inside lane doing roughly the limit behind a modern SUV, and for some reason there's someone in an Audi in the third lane doing 55.

In the circumstances I'm quite happy to undertake because there's plenty of room, and going all the way out to lane four and back is silly. The bloke in front appears to be doing the same, then as he's roughly alongside the Audi he absolutely jumps on the brakes, going from 75 to about 50, which woke me up. I thought he'd hit something but no, he then went all the way around the outside of the Audi and back in again.

·
Registered
Saab 240DL Veloce
19,622 Posts
Or I could select park and panic the guy behind when my reversing lights flash.
Bazza I thought that on newer Mercs like yours, if you flit from P/R/N/D, the reverse lights only now flash up not when by-passing R (as they did on my Merc) but only when selecting R and staying in it for a fraction longer than flitting by it.

·
Registered
38,186 Posts
Dinner out with Mrs Pat on Tuesday. The return home takes us down a recently fucked up pedestrianised section of town centre, considerately narrowed to choke traffic, hinder emergency services and lull foot traffic into believing they are on the path while wandering down the road looking at their ‘phone. The road ends at a T junction, the right turn of which leads you straight into a zebra crossing. There is a restaurant directly opposite and a takeaway adjacent, so it’s busy.

Getting out of the junction was further hindered by the young lady parked on the zig-zags of the crossing…

…she didn’t spot me trying to warn her of the potential of getting three points for this lapse of her otherwise immaculate driving, on account of being on her ‘phone.

·
Administrator
47,775 Posts
Bazza I thought that on newer Mercs like yours, if you flit from P/R/N/D, the reverse lights only now flash up not when by-passing R (as they did on my Merc) but only when selecting R and staying in it for a fraction longer than flitting by it.
Interesting - I've never thought to check.

·
Registered
Saab 240DL Veloce
19,622 Posts

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Getting out of the junction was further hindered by the young lady parked on the zig-zags of the crossing…

…she didn’t spot me trying to warn her of the potential of getting three points for this lapse of her otherwise immaculate driving, on account of being on her ‘phone.
No doubt she thought she had done the right thing by stopping to make the call rather than doing it while on the move.

1021 - 1034 of 1034 Posts