Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alfa 147 1.6TS After being parked for approximately 30 mins car would not start, then "Motor System Failure" warning flashes up. Eventually the car starts and the engine symbol light goes off.

Some days later pulling up to a junction, revs fall to 1000rpm at junction, engine cuts out and would not start for about one hour, engine starts and engine warning light goes out. Drove home ensuring revs stayed above 1000rpm, turned into drive let the revs drop to tick over, engine cuts out and as yet has not re started [1 hour ago] any ideas please.

·
Registered
116 Posts
This happened to me a few weeks ago. Probability is that your Crank Sensor needs changing. Have a further search around the site (like I was told:p ) and should help you come to the right conclusion.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.I'll do that but I have another problem, the sump plug has stripped the threads in the sump, it's ok since I can get the sump off relatively easily and I have a friend that can aluminium weld a boss on to the sump and drill and tap to suit the plug

1 - 3 of 3 Posts