Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have been invited to attend a motor show in aid of the Great North Air Ambulance at Croft on Sunday 28th September.

This event is being organised Colin Toner whose brother, John, was killed in a motorcycle collision only ten minutes from the finishing line of the Boundary 500, an annual fundraising ride around the Great North Air Ambulance's boundary area.

As well as the motor show, the Darlington & District Motor Club will be hosting the MG Cockshoot Cup, the Northern Saloon & Sports Car Championship, the GT Cup and the VdeV UK Endurance Series.

I need to get back to Colin with numbers towards the end of next week so if you’re interested in attending, please add your name to the RSVP list below.

Edited @ 16.00 24-09-2008

I've just received this email from the event organiser;

Sorry but the motor show at Croft on 27/28th September has been cancelled.

Due to the British super bike event two weeks ago, the spectator parking field is not in a suitable condition to be used. Unfortunately this means the area used for the air ambulance motor show is now being used for spectator parking inside the circuit and there is nowhere for the show to be moved to.

All I can say is sorry and thank you all for your support.

Regards.

Colin.

H

·
0 Posts
I might be able to persuade Mrs H into a run across the Dales :)

I had a great drive over to Croft yesterday and the Mrs lovesa bit of scenery :)

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just to make it clear, our cars will be on display so make sure they're clean and tidy. ;)

·
Registered
607 Posts
ill be there and ill even give mesell a wash:thumbs:

·
Registered
607 Posts
right chaps are we meeting any where? and what time do we have to be there?

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I hope to be there with a beautiful new set of rubber.....!!!!

Any one convoying down from Newcastle?

Just make sure you've got a valid MOT!!!!!!

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've just received this email from the event organiser;

Sorry but the motor show at Croft on 27/28th September has been cancelled.

Due to the British super bike event two weeks ago, the spectator parking field is not in a suitable condition to be used. Unfortunately this means the area used for the air ambulance motor show is now being used for spectator parking inside the circuit and there is nowhere for the show to be moved to.

All I can say is sorry and thank you all for your support.

Regards.

Colin.

All the motor racing events will go ahead as planned.

·
Registered
6,364 Posts
I was looking forward to a bit of Alfa oggling.
And i think this would of been our last "summer" meet

1 - 20 of 27 Posts