Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Does anyone know if I can replace the motor mounts in my 1969 GTV without removing the engine? I have Spica fuel injection which I've heard makes this possible. Also, when my 1750 engine died I replaced it with a 2 liter. Any advice?

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
Can't say for certain because of the Spica. I changed the mounts on my 1750 last month without taking the Engine out, it's on Carbs though.

It's tricky getting at the offside one as it's directly under the inlet manifold and I struggled to get my hands in to undo the bolts, with the carbs in place. I did manage it, but I don't know how much more (or less) the Spica set up takes.

In general it's an easy enough job though, just take the weight of the engine on a jack under the sump (With a spreader), and swap them over one at a time.
Good luck :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks VeloceMitch.
I've heard the Spica is easier than carbs because all I need to do is remove the air cleaner and there's much less in my way to the passenger side mount. Course this wouldn't be the first "easy" job that took 5 hrs! I'll let you know after my knuckles have healed.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Yes, the rightside mount is easier to change than the carbed version as the carbs aren't in the way. There is a support bracket on the rear of the Spica pump that attaches to the engine mount studs but the bracket is on the engine side of the mount so this bracket does not have to be removed.

If you need any info on the Spica system, please let me know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts