Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

Just had the MCSF message appear on car just before i pulled up at home after a 5 miles journey home tootling along at about 30 mph...
I have done a search and found a few things and i know i need to get the code read ASAP.

But wondering wether anyone knows what it could be with the following symptons.

Cars still seems to run ok with no misfires and when the light came on i noticed that the water temp had not budged and the oil temp was on 60 but also the cooling fans were on full power?!? :confused:

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
May be time to invest in one of these... this is what I use and it's brilliant...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Diagnostic-Scanner-CAN-BUS-Fault-Code-Reader-OBD2-OBDII-EOBD-EOBDII-U480-UK-/270848185553?pt=UK_Diagnostic_Tools_Equipment&hash=item3f0fcf54d1

When you say the water temperature hadn't budged do you mean still on 0? (50)

Then it is thermostat time, they do always show they have gone when the weather drops...

New thermostat, 3 x 10mm bolts, remember to order the gasket too... job done.

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Can tell you exactly what that is. The thermostat needs replacing. The car isn't getting up to temp and the mcsf warning kicks in. Had exactly the same issue year before last. It takes a while for the car to realise, but if you replicate exactly the same trip, it will happen in the same place everytime (providing the outside temp is the same)

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ahh wicked thanks guys!

much appreciated

(assuming your all right ;op)

·
Premium Member
7,301 Posts
Is a thermostat the same thing as temp sensor?
No, you have both. Temp sensor measures the temperature for use by the motormanagement, the thermostat is a mechanical device that regulates the waterflow to the radiator....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts