Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I hope you guys can give me a bit of help. Driving Alfa 156 Ti 1.6. About 2 months ago I got the dreaded "Motor Control System failure" warning. I checked the forum and a few things were suggested. I changed the petrol I put into the car and I thought this had worked, however it came back. I found out to my dread that it was in fact the timing belt. It snapped at 42000 miles. Got it fixed by a local mechanic (not alfa dealer) at a hefty price. The problem I'm having is that the "system Failure" warning came back yesterday although not today. Could it be that the computer needs to be reset and if so how. Any help would be great. The mechanic seems lost with this one. Sorry about the large post.

·
Registered
4,924 Posts
Sounds like the battery is on its last legs.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Sorry to hear about the belt man.

Surprised your mechanic is bemused by the MCSF....has he not got a diagnostic ? Maybe you should try to find an indie Alfa/Fiat garage who will reset the ECU and list the error codes (I got charged €40 before not sure about £). Then when MCSF pops back up (it probably will!) go back and see which error it is again.....hopefully from their they should be able to find a solution for you. It'll cost you a wee bit for the diagnostics but if you want piece of mind........good luck!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. He said he did a diagnostic but I might get one done in an alfa garage, just to be sure. Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts