Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting the message coming up when accelerating through the gears (about 4k 1-3 about 3.5k 4/5). It is a 2002 model with about 80k on the clock.
It has been into the garage who replaced the ECU with no impact at all. It is going back in and the garage is now saying that it is due to the glow plugs which they are going to replace next.
Has anyone else had this? I don't want to keep going in and them replace something that doesn't solve the problem!
Can anyone help?

·
Registered
362 Posts
HI Mate,

your problem could be anything, Yor best bet is to get it properly Diagnosed as they will be able to pinpoint the problem, if you dont do this, it could be like looking for a "needle in a haystack", and cost you a fortune!;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bought same model and year myself and have the same problem.

Garage where I bought it claimed it had already had the MAF sensor replaced. They replaced a turbo valve, however, a few days later it started happening again - also get a loss of power, ease off accelerator and everything returns to normal.

I was hoping to find the answer here myself, my guess is it is an electrics problem or a related component.

Might be wrong but I doubt it is the glow plugs, I thought they only come into action to pre-warm the combustion chamber for starting the engine, so I would suggest another garage.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Read the post thanks, but I don't get a screeching noise and it doesnt't happen all the time, mainily occurs when under load, which is why I think it is electrical.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts