Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Could anyone help me what the most likely reason is for my Alfa Romeo 147 TS 2.0 2002 to signal this fault code? When I turn the key it takes a number of seconds and a push on the throttle to start the engine. A few days ago when it was -10c it also took three minutes before I could drive faster than 40km/h! Even though I pushed full throttle it just wouldn't go faster.

Today at +1c the driving was normal but still the fault message plus difficulty to start the engine. I tried taking it to a mechanic to read the code using a cable but the mechanic didn't have the right one. Therefore I'd be very happy to hear your ideas. Thanks in advance !

A link to where I'm starting the engine:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBZSfpOOhH8

/Tobias

·
Registered
268 Posts
It is worth getting it checked out by someone who can read it and if needs be clear the message. It'd obviously gone into 'limp' mode, which limits the revs to protect the engine.

I was a smart arse and ignored it to my cost, because my 156 cam belt had jumped a tooth and the pistons hit the valves and I had to replace the engine. If I'd had it checked I could have saved myself a massive amount of money for the sake of around £40.

·
Registered
1 Posts
motor control system failure

hi i have a alfa 147 1.6 16v ts on an o2 plate just changed alternator and battery then i startyed gettin this warning saying motor control system failure and the car wont go above 3000 revs also when the car has been left for a day or two the battery goes flat

·
Registered
4,924 Posts
Hi

Could anyone help me what the most likely reason is for my Alfa Romeo 147 TS 2.0 2002 to signal this fault code? When I turn the key it takes a number of seconds and a push on the throttle to start the engine. A few days ago when it was -10c it also took three minutes before I could drive faster than 40km/h! Even though I pushed full throttle it just wouldn't go faster.

Today at +1c the driving was normal but still the fault message plus difficulty to start the engine. I tried taking it to a mechanic to read the code using a cable but the mechanic didn't have the right one. Therefore I'd be very happy to hear your ideas. Thanks in advance !

A link to where I'm starting the engine:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBZSfpOOhH8

/Tobias
It may be your cam position sensor. This can cause a similar delayed start.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts