Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Flashing and constantly beeping or just constant? Flashing is more urgent but I think that is all you will know until the computer is plugged into it.

It is such a gut wrenching beep beep and every time I get it as the fuel is low it sends a shiver down my spine.

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
could be anything, you should buy an OBDII reader like I did. That way you can read the fault codes and clear them if they aren't serious :)

·
Registered
940 Posts
Is the Cooling fan constantly on?

·
Registered
7,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Flashing and constantly beeping or just constant? Flashing is more urgent but I think that is all you will know until the computer is plugged into it.

It is such a gut wrenching beep beep and every time I get it as the fuel is low it sends a shiver down my spine.
It's constant. Just had another look at it. Sounds like there's a leak in the exhaust. I'm having visions of a hole where a lambda sensor should be :-/

could be anything, you should buy an OBDII reader like I did. That way you can read the fault codes and clear them if they aren't serious :)

I've got AlfaDiag but neither the laptop it's installed on, nor the lead with me. Lol! Typical.

Is the Cooling fan constantly on?
Don't think so, no.

C

·
0 Posts
If it's just the standard beep on startup and illumiated EML then it'll probably be a lambda fault code, either brought on by a leak (flexi joints?) or a failed sensor.

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
Thanks guys. It'll be looked at tomorrow.

Joe - are those gizmos any good?
Yeah surprisingly so, you can just read the fault code and clear it if need be.

I keep it just incase I get a MCSF on the move so I can pull over and read it to make sure it's not serious.

I used to get a 2nd idle learn fault code which would only go away when I cleared it with this.. Hasn't come back now after a month :)

·
Registered
397 Posts
Gut wrenching indeed. Especially disturbing is the 'Possible ice on road +3C' beep+message. Starting from a warm garage both at home and from work means the beep will appear twice a day, every day, a couple of minutes into every trip. I get a small heart attack every time in spite of knowing it's going to pop up...

Haven't found a way to turn it off either... :(

·
Registered
7,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Gut wrenching indeed. Especially disturbing is the 'Possible ice on road +3C' beep+message. Starting from a warm garage both at home and from work means the beep will appear twice a day, every day, a couple of minutes into every trip. I get a small heart attack every time in spite of knowing it's going to pop up...

Haven't found a way to turn it off either... :(
You can turn the buzzer off on the 156.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts

:lol:

·
Registered
7,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah surprisingly so, you can just read the fault code and clear it if need be.

I keep it just incase I get a MCSF on the move so I can pull over and read it to make sure it's not serious.

I used to get a 2nd idle learn fault code which would only go away when I cleared it with this.. Hasn't come back now after a month :)
Think I'll order one :)

·
Registered
7,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Damn you guys :lol: Sounds like I need to get a 156 gta to drive around in the winter and save the gt for beautiful summer days then. :)

Anyone got a spare 156 gta sw selespeed preferrably in perfect condition they need to get rid of for tops 5keur?
:lol:
:lol: are you sure you don't want something a bit less common? :D

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Operationalfa, is that the exact one u have, if so I'll order one. Can u clear the airbag light etc and mcsf

C

·
0 Posts
Looks like both sections of flexi joint have gone. It's going to be welded for now, but no idea what's involved in replacing it.

Not unusual. They form part of the front pipes which run from the manifolds to the cats under the car. Cheap, badly fitting replacements can be have for around 40-80 pounds. OE replacement pipes are significantly more expensive.

You could look at the EQ pipe options, have just the flexi sections replaced or just hope the repair you had done lasts.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts