Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally moved into our new house after 6 months of hell, and absolutely love it..............apart from the constant and endless crapping of birds on my matt magnesio GQV. It is bringing out my inner OCD big time.

The previous owners used to feed the local birds 3 times a day, and as such our home is like the local crack house for our avian friends. To top it off, the telephone line comes into our house in a perfect line over our drive, a drive which I thought would allow me to relax about parking the car at the end of the day! No chance, as the birds sit waiting on the telephone line to be fed, crapping all over mine and the wife's car (but I don't care about hers!).

So, any tips? Do decoy birds of prey work?! Is there something that emits a sound to scare them off? Air gun (joke!). Seriously, I need some solution, I'm having to go out and rinse it off 3 times in an evening!

·
Registered
38,346 Posts
Just type "bird scarer" into Amazon and choose something that
fits your requirements/local and has a good number of positive reviews.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Does anyone have a bird of prey nearby?

·
Registered
787 Posts

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
I had an issue with pigeons using my drive and car as a depository.

I tried an plastic owl, utter rubbish. I consider shooting them but it's expensive for a decent and powerful gun.

I let nature take its course and a pair of crows moved in and the pigeons out.

The falcon kite mentioned by HG works around here, several farmers have them.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Farmers around here use a mock falcon with it's wings spread,on some kind of flexible narrow pole. Works for them.
These work. We have pigeons and big b*****d seagulls here, but not after putting up the fake falcon. Just move its placing regularly.

:thumbup:

·
Banned
3,110 Posts
Do you pay any taxes for home animals ( dogs for instance ) ???...
If so, you should know authority has identify unpaid dogs at homes with special device generating waves makes dogs angry. Probably it would works for birds same way and they would fly away. They are not locked with cable like dog at home.

·
Read Only
4,556 Posts
Pigeons need shooting and eating. Assuming they are woodies. Town pigeons just need shooting. You can get a single barrelled 12 bore for a tenner, it'll do the job.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Pigeons need shooting and eating. Assuming they are woodies. Town pigeons just need shooting. You can get a single barrelled 12 bore for a tenner, it'll do the job.
I think if I did that it would just increase the frequency of ambulances departing the local care home.

:angel:

·
Registered
534 Posts
I think if I did that it would just increase the frequency of ambulances departing the local care home.

:angel:
Thinking of shooting pensioners as well as pigeons?

·
Registered
38,346 Posts
Read an article that shooting them thins out the older ones and allows the
more fertile younger ones to come to the fore.

So it just exacerbates the problem in the long term

Good business model for someone with a pest control business, apparently.

·
Registered
40,026 Posts
I was collecting my daughter from school yesterday, and as I was walking under a tree a Pigeon crapped right down the back of my T-shirt. :censored:

·
Banned
3,110 Posts
I was collecting my daughter from school yesterday, and as I was walking under a tree a Pigeon crapped right down the back of my T-shirt. :censored:
It is a good sign in fact, btw... Who believes sighs it means you should get some benefits ( gift, money, etc. ) soon. It may also mean next rank arrival if you are military or any other uniformed guy.
Personally I do not believe signs and happy no flying cows or horses really.
:biglaugh:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts