Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BooHoo.

My beautiful 51 plate rosso red 2.0 GTV FAILED!!!!....BUT, the really surprising thing is the handbrake efficiency was fine!!

On the scale of things, certainly not an epic fail, Blowing mid-box and one brake light...I consider myself extremely lucky, even if Halfords are quoting £295.00 for a new centre box!

By this time next week, she'll be all nice and legal again..Hooray! BTW, did I get the only good one with a silent variator, and almost no oil consumption? (Checked VERY regularly). 76000m and FSH... I am a really lucky boy.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Mine passed yesterday. Needed judicious use of 4000 rpm for about a minute to get the emissions to pass, which is not nice to watch or hear. BTW. Noisy variator, 180,000 miles & no service history. ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HaHaHa! that's me told then...Quite right too. I have to say I wouldn't be best pleased to be hearing them rev the k******s off mine either, but I suppose the end justifies the means. (unless it goes bang.)

·
Registered
165 Posts
HaHaHa! that's me told then...Quite right too. I have to say I wouldn't be best pleased to be hearing them rev the k******s off mine either, but I suppose the end justifies the means. (unless it goes bang.)
I take mine for its itv, Spanish mot,and it fails on emissions,the tester then tells me to go round again and rev the nuts off it,a pass...:thumbup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts