Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone from the North West help me? Preferably Warrington. This is my first year owning my Mito & it's coming up to my first MOT! I'm ****ting a brick with the rep of Alfa's lol it's a 2009 so oldish. Anyone have any good recommendations to take it for its MOT & possible service?

·
Registered
636 Posts
Nothing to really worry about - just do all of the silly fail checks beforehand (headlight beams, brakes etc). If you take it to a local indie and get them to do a service and MOT it'll be unlikely to fail.

·
Registered
9,178 Posts
Our MiTo flew through it's first MOT last year without a blip ... but we've owned it from new and it had only done 15000 miles.

Check all the bulbs and all switches including hazards work, wipers and washers work, tyres, and exhaust for holes, etc.

And Alfa's aren't any harder to get through than any other car ...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Mine sailed through a well (apart from two shredded front tyres which I already knew about). No reason it shouldn't really.

·
Registered
43 Posts
My car flew through its first MOT last Wednesday with no pre check or service. It's a 1.4 16v with about 45k on the clock, guy at the centre said he hasn't failed one for anything major yet, just the usual silly things like bulbs etc.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Our Mito passed its first MOT with 54,000 miles from new back in snowy January. Advisory note to keep eye on discs outer ridge, which I have since skimmed off level. The front pads had been replaced at 38,000 miles.
So there should be nothing to worry about if yours is a lower mileage version.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts