Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car failed its MoT yesterday with a broken front near side spring. Never had a car break a spring before. Car felt fine never noticed any difference in the handling or steering. Garage is very trustworthy being going to them for years. Tester said the car was immaculate apart from that spring. Only done 26000 miles

·
Registered
39,317 Posts
It is best to get both sides done, you might find that the dampers have seen better days as well.

The crap roads don't help, and modern springs seem to be of lesser quality on all cars compared to how they used to be. It only takes a stone chip on the paint, then rust starts and causes a weak spot.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
As symon says it’s best practice to do them as a pair to keep suspension characteristics the same side to side. Plus if your luck is anything like mine you get one done and the other would pop a Mile down the road

·
Registered
28 Posts
My 2014 Giulietta failed with that issue last year (so same age as yours) and I hadn't noticed anything beforehand either. Garage only changed one side though but the other side seems ok. Been using the garage for years and they always seem trustworthy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts