Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Failed on unbalanced front brakes 40% difference and I swear I knew nothing about it.On inspections 3 of the 4 front pads were very,very tight in the calipers. How it even stopped I will never know and how it gave no indication of fault baffles me even more but hey ho.
Passed on retest. Now stops on a sixpence compared to what it did so something was deffo a miss.
Epic fail.........giving it beans on A66 no probs all is well. coming into village had to pull up for oncoming traffic. As I pulled away,slight hic up as If in wrong gear which it wasn't then 2 secs latter MCSF lights on and fuel guage reading 0. Quick tap on my Torque app indicates the the MAF has gone again. It's only lasted 15mths :rant:.Someting to do with a straight induction pipe with no side chamber.Probs time to refit the standard pipe and maybe sell the chrome job So its treat for a cheapish test pass is a new MAF. Serves it right. Thats me £156 lighter :cry:but on the + side I an gonna try an unsilenced centre section to gain a little on the noise back. :cool::thumbs:

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Apparently some Astra diesels have exactly the same Bosch MAF - except of course it is massively cheaper in a Vauxhall box than an Alfa one. There are various threads elsewhere.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts