Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got my car booked in for an MOT today, drove 2 miles and the engine warning light comes on with "Motor control system failure" shouting at me?

what now?

the last month i have changed how i drive my car from a daily 40mile roundtrip to work to a 12mile roundtrip instead.

so as i now do v little mileage and with the cold weather,hrw,radio and A/c on i guess i don't charge the battery as much?

could a week battery cause this light and warning to come on?

over x mass as i hardly used the car, i tried to start it and it wouldn't turn over but i disconnected the battery and trickle charged it and it started ok. ( MCSF light didn't came on then ? ). then did a 40mile trip to the new forrest and was fine.

the MOT man said that in may/April any warninglight like airbag on and said MCSF light is a Failure. you haver been warned.

·
Registered
640 Posts
A weak/failing battery could and will cause all sorts of odd failures to be reported by the car.

My alternator has recently died and as the battery was losing juice I had ABS & VDC failure, airbag failure, MCSF and so on.

But it could be something else and therefore something more serious. So it get it checked out!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've got my car booked in for an MOT today, drove 2 miles and the engine warning light comes on with "Motor control system failure" shouting at me?

what now?

the last month i have changed how i drive my car from a daily 40mile roundtrip to work to a 12mile roundtrip instead.

so as i now do v little mileage and with the cold weather,hrw,radio and A/c on i guess i don't charge the battery as much?

could a week battery cause this light and warning to come on?

over x mass as i hardly used the car, i tried to start it and it wouldn't turn over but i disconnected the battery and trickle charged it and it started ok. ( MCSF light didn't came on then ? ). then did a 40mile trip to the new forrest and was fine.

the MOT man said that in may/April any warninglight like airbag on and said MCSF light is a Failure. you haver been warned.

well it turned out to be the EGR valve so while i was there and a busy few weeks ahead , i had it done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts