Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Always hate MOT time but hopefully after chucking some money at it and getting things sorted out with the GTA last week there will hopefully be nothing wrong with it. I thought that last time i put a car in for its MOT though and that turned out to be quite expensive :(.

Im even getting this 1 done early so it doesn't take all my money as the tax is up at the end of the month too. In a couple of weeks i will have been the proud owner of a 147 GTA for a year :D

M

·
0 Posts
Hope it all goes fine mate:thumbs:

My GTA failed it's first MOT (in my ownership) spectacularly.....the brake servo failed on the ramp:cheese:

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, i hope so too :thumbs:

Mines failed a few times already :lol: on 1 test only 2 of the brakes were working :eek: cant remember the other faults without looking through the history again but im pretty sure its failed a couple of times in the past.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
My car failed on headlight aim last time, needed two new bulbs because the old ones were cheap and had overheated causing them to warp. What have you had done on the GTA then?

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it had....

New headlight (the other 1 was misted up and broken inside so depending on which way i was turning the light would point everywhere :lol:)

New headlight washer jet (the other 1 was broken and disconnected)

New bottom radiator pipe (the old 1 had near enough rusted right through :eek:)

Towing eye straightened (it got towed and the winch thing must have pulled it down and bent the frame/threaded bit behind the bumper where the 'hook' screws into)

Repaired the bumper because where the hook was pulled down it crushed the bumper and damaged it

Had a load of sensors checked and cleaned to see if there was any reason why it was 'under powered' when i put it on the rolling road thing at silverstone

All the fault codes cleared (1 of those was when the petrol light comes on it flashes up that all the bulbs on the back of the car have failed :rolleyes:)

Had the underneath rust treated and rust proofed

had a general check over aswell so im hoping they shouldn't find anything :) i'll know about 4:30-5 pm tomorow though :lol:

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Just got mine back from MOT station this evening - No issues or advisories and a fresh MOT until 19th October 2012 :thumbs:

13 Months MOT for its new owner. Why am I selling again:confused:

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
It is my decision but really starting to feel that I will regret it!

All the best with your MOT

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks :) tax is due on the 30th for mine. If i spread it out and only do 6 months on that it goes right up to when my insurance is due :rolleyes:

Just got here anyway and sat in the waiting room, it sounded quite good as they drove past the reception bit and all you could hear was GTA :lol: poor bloke 'was' talking on the phone :eek:

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
FAIL :elaugh:

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
ok. I'll text you instead :elaugh:

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
No problem. Is it done yet?:)