Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nope - i didn't stay there whilst they were doing it - just came back with a pass and one advisory for a worn ball-joint. no questions or comments about dpf's/cat/exhaust :thumbs:

·
Registered
30,070 Posts
The DPF isn't part of the MOT anyway.
The Cat is now though.

·
Banned
4,362 Posts
wanna swap ball joints? :lol:

@david c - the dpf indeed isn't required for an mot pass, despite what some might say about needing it in place
That's put my mind at rest :thumbs:

Was going to get the DPF removed before getting a remap but had reservations about
the MOT... Does it kick out any schite since removal ?

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nope. just a bit on first hard accelaration after pootling around town. but it did that when the dpf was still there anyway :thumbs:

just make sure you get it done by an outfit who genuinely know what they're doing

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Had mine MOT'd this week with DPF removed and shr passed easily as the threshold at present is really high.

I asked whether it would pass the new lower forthcoming threshold and yes it did comply with this too.

Mine does chuck out a bit of soot now on first hard acceleration and when cold but after that it's slightly noticeable on hard acceleration but not excessive IMO.

I was tempted to chuck a bottle of Redex Advanced in to the fuel tank as this stops the soot altogether I noticed.

Didn't have any issues with my HID Kit fitted either, I asked them to double check beam pattern too and it was spot on.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Mine FAILED 6 months after mods. Usual DPF removed , EGR mapped out plus F1 map at one of the reputable places.

First result: mean of 3.68 l/m after 6 accelarations, second 3.58 l/m.

This is a 57 2.4 jtdm 35,000 miles, problem appears to be a lot of commutes, not enough italian tune ups! Was advised to give it a good clear out so did 20 miles at full bore in third gear (rev limiter = 81 mph), back to the station and straight on the test machine. Result = pass at 2.73 l/m which is still v.high. Not been back to discuss with tune up place yet as garage is too far away for casually dropping in. Still - was a bit upset!

As for smoke I get a swirling puff on hard accel from 1000 /1500 rpm. Then it will be clear for a week! Was also told a dirty inlet throttle body can give problems. Maybe I have other problems!!!

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
wonder if it's worth chucking in a bottle of millers diesel injector cleaner? ignore what is says on the bottle - wait til you've got only about an eighth of a tank left, tip the whole lot in, and drive the nuts off it :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I use a system cleaner every 6 months and shell fuel only... Perhaps that's why mine is quit low? To offset that though I only do 12 mile a day in week with 4 stops for school or nursery so you would think mine would be full of rubbish...

1 - 20 of 125 Posts