Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys
Got the 155 through it,s mot eventually.
The tester(w***er) looked at the log book said "your right enough" tested it and it passed no problem.
There was hairline cracks on the rear discs,i tested them with dye penetrant inspection which is used to check for cracks in welding(handy being a welder).The discs were still 8.5mm thick which is above the minimum spec.So i replaced all the discs and pads just in case.
I replaced both front wishbones,it turned out that both balljoint rubbers were split yet it only failed on one side,i thought that a split rubber was a fail ?.What a b*****d of a job changing these,one side came off no problem the other sized of course spent 1.5 hours with a hacksaw blade cutting an awkward bolt but still thats it done.
Bought a clutch as well but after the problems with siezed bolts i think i,ll get someone to fit it for me.I got it for £77 .Good price ? It,s a [email protected] and has got ap lockhead on the pressure plate so it,s a good make i think.
So ends my story
Regards
Shug

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi Shug,

just goes to show, the MOT testers out there are so variable. where did you get all your parts from / how much, if you don't mind me asking..

regards Raj

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes it was the same tester.
The parts were bought from a factors in a town called buckhaven which is a couple of miles from my home it,s called Mr Mechanic phone no.01592715185.
F/discs £23 each
R/discs £12 each
H/brake cable £6
R/pads £16
Clutch £77
The wishbones were from EB spares £38
All plus vat
I cant find the no. for EB spares but type it into your search engine and you,ll find them.
Regards
Shug

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So that's your car ready for a few more laps of Knockhill then ???

Do you think the hairline fracture of thr rear discs could have been down to the last Knockhill razz ????

Marlon

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you never know with all the heat going into the brakes then the water to cool them down sounds like a recipe for cracks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts