Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all after 3 months of worrying whether or not my car would pass its mot and now it has ok ive had to have a new steering rack,trackrod ends,drop links. the mot guy said the car is in real good nick for its age and the mileage so im a happy chappy and just though i would share it with you all.:lol:

·
Registered
30 Posts
new steering rack? wow! my 147's got its MOT next monday, and it needs new bushes, exhaust mounts and a new windscreen at least, hopefully nothing else is wrong with it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thing is ive had my alfa for just about a year now and when i was getting told its gona cost £800-1200 pound for the steering rack job i though should i chop it in!!! then i got a call from my local garage that they would do it for £550 all in plus trackrod ends i booked it in there and then at that price but what can i say it a alfa and i love it!!! lol good luck with your mot on monday.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Don't they have inner track rods which can be replaced.. why the whole rack?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the rack was leaking so had no choice but to change i tryed all of that power steering stop leak c**p and none of it worked after the change it felt so much sharper and even more so when i done the drop links.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts