Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's me legal for another year :)

It had gone in to have all the rear bushes dones (front end done a couple of weeks before) so had the MOT done at the same time. Stewart (McLennan) did say that it would have failed on the suspension wear if it hadn't been done (which I suspected, hence why I planned to do it now rather than have a nasty surprise, not to mention the fact that the wiggly bum was annoying the hell out of me).

Apart from that it needed a new rear brake pipe, so they did both sides while they had the petrol tank dropped.

Advisories for slight corrosion on front brake pipes, slight corrosion on brake discs, slight corrosion on floorpan (which I knew about), and front brake pad wear indicators borken off (which I knew about).

I also turned up this morning to find them proactively investigating (for free) my ASR fault. It's showing that the faul is linked to the ABS, although the ABS itself it not affected. I've lived with the problem for a year so I don't intend to spend money chasing the problem. Stewart senior says that there is a slim chance the fault is with the switch itself as it doesn't "feel right", so I'll swap that if I can find a replacement, since it's cheap and easy enough. But Stewart Junior reckons it's an ECU fault. I'm not going to lose sleep over it, as I don't drive it aggressively enough to light the front tyres even when ASR switches itself off!

So along with the suspension work that's a nice £670 out my account today :(, along with the other few hundred spent on the front end recently. Then Tax at the end of the month. Oh yeah, and 4 new Falkens a month or so back. So I've easilt spent more than the purchase price of the car in the year I've had it (you can all relate to that), but providing I keep it for another year it's still a fairly good price for the amount of car you get for the money. still a bit :vomit: when you add it all up though!

·
Registered
237 Posts
i know the feeling having had work done on mine that just about is what a 2005 2.0 is worth ,and my mot is due next month :(
Still enjoy your 166 after 3 weeks without mine i realised how special they are.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts