Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Don't know but it shouldn't be as that is a good thing. :rolleyes: muppets :lol:

·
Premium Member
77,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Last year I cleaned the underfloor completely.

rustcure
hammerite no1 rust preventer
blue (it was cheap) hammerite
tetraseal

Reckon it's much better than when it came outta Italia.

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Perhaps query why they have mentioned it then? :)

·
Registered
450 Posts

·
Registered
39,141 Posts
We didn't get much paperwork like advisories last year on the Multipla. It's all online as "pass" and no more nowadays .

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
My mate puts all sort of things like that. It covers his ... Because you can't see what's behind, like if your trying to cover something.
I'm sure there are more reasons. I would get an advisory for under tray being fitted but I take mine off come mot

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
The MOT system is a lot of old tosh!

As examples of the way it doesn't work - five years ago I had an advise on a rusty back box - never changed it as it wasn't leaking and its never been mentioned again. Last year I had an advise on the rear nearside tyre being close to the limit. With me working away most of the year I forgot to change it yet despite clocking up an extra 4000 miles the very same tyre wasn't mentioned at last weeks MOT (and its still legal!!).

Looking through my previous MOT if I'd followed their advice I'd be down three tyres, a back box and two lower wishbones in five years (they often advise slight play in ball joints).

·
Premium Member
77,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was in a bit of a hurry and was pleased with the "pass" - never read the advisories properly until home. Just wondered what other people thought.

The only thing, looking at various MOT checklists, is that there was a possibility the underfloor couldn't be checked - but of course it could with hands, tap of a spanner etc. surely.

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
I'd give them a ring if I was you, instead of guessing.

On the subject of MOT advisories, I wonder who this belongs to;

1 - 20 of 28 Posts