Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car passed, with NO advisories! Thanks Sunnyside :thumbs:

The Fast Pass smoke test measured just 0.29 m-1. At the previous MOT , this measurement was 2.67 m-1. Both Turbo pipes were replaced and Forte Diesel Treatment added in the previous refuel; some 400 miles previous. Can anyone else match (or better) 0.29 with a non-DPF equipped turbo diesel?

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
i'll dig my sheet out tonight (if I remember!!)

Don't think it was as good as that though! The year before's was a good set of figures IIRC.

nice work btw!! :)

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'll dig my sheet out tonight (if I remember!!)

Don't think it was as good as that though! The year before's was a good set of figures IIRC.

nice work btw!! :)
Thanks, I did need a bottom arm replacing as the ball joint had expired, it has been knocking for ages!

The top arm rubbers are squeaking like a banshee, oddly this started after she was sitting in the sun all day :confused:

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Come on Guys, I've thrown down a challenge, FAS emission at MoT 0.29 m-1. Anyone do better?

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
not mine, no!

Just remembered about this thread (DOH!)

i THINK i've fixed the smoking that it was exhibiting this time round but the results at the time (Jan 28th 2011) were:

1: 4.81 l/m
2: 0.69 l/m
3: 1.41 l/m
4: 1.56 l/m
5: 1.00 l/m

mean val: 1.32

Since then I've cleaned the MAP sensor, stripped the VGT control solenoid and cleaned it and removed and refitted the lower hose. The smoke out the back on acceleration has all but disappeared so possibly one of the above wasn't helping!

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Apparently the "trade" use Forte diesel treatment before an MoT to reduce emissions, so that may explain the low figure. I did a "sniff test" and the exhaust was definitely less diesely than before the treatment.

They only did one run on mine :)

Any other takers?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts