:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Wonder how much ££££
Closest guess anyone?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Hmmmmmm.... I think the test will cost.... about £54 :lol:

...couldn't resist...

How are you tyres and suspension I guess would be the main MOT thing?

·
Registered
10,575 Posts
Just make sure you go over the whole car and check everything, clean inside and washing helps to (i think, suppose it depends on the garage)
Mine was flying through its MOT, last thing they did was emergency stop brake test, flippin pipes burst!!

Good Luck with it:)

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
What do you think Andyroo, any weak points? Check the silly things like bulbs or splits at the end of the wiper blades...

My handbrake always comes up as weak, and it takes a while for the emissions to come down too, but eventually they come down perfectly thankfully. Fingers crossed for you! My guess is just the MOT bill with a couple of advisories!

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
What do you think Andyroo, any weak points? Check the silly things like bulbs or splits at the end of the wiper blades...

My handbrake always comes up as weak, and it takes a while for the emissions to come down too, but eventually they come down perfectly thankfully. Fingers crossed for you! My guess is just the MOT bill with a couple of advisories!
Likewise :thumbs:

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well got one noisy wheel bearing - I cant tell which it is.
Quite lumpy idle at the minute too so possibly Lambda sensor or catalyst. So may fail on emmisions.
Only other job I havent done is front brake discs - look OK to me though
Almost worth it for a diagnosis I guess.

Certainly agree with washing it first too. Must help sailed through the last two years

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If my bill is more than five quid then yes.
Poor.....

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Well got one noisy wheel bearing - I cant tell which it is.
Quite lumpy idle at the minute too so possibly Lambda sensor or catalyst. So may fail on emmisions.
Only other job I havent done is front brake discs - look OK to me though
Almost worth it for a diagnosis I guess.

Certainly agree with washing it first too. Must help sailed through the last two years
What year is your GTV and where abouts are you?. I ask as i was told i had a bearing gone so just replaced it (Rear). Only it was'nt the bearing it was the lower arm outer bush. The bearing cost me £101 inc VAT then another £109 for the arm:( I kept the old bearing since there was nothing wrong with it. If you want it you can have it.

·
Registered
480 Posts
There are some things that are absolutely certain in life; death, taxes Man U being given penalties for no reason, and GTVs failing MOTs cos of the handbrake. It will happen. Cost anything from nothing (tighten that screw under the gaiter) to new discs, pads and cables.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Woo hoo passed!!!!!!!!!

Only advisory was for slightly scored brake discs. Which I knew but was choosing to ignore at the minute

1 - 14 of 14 Posts