Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
........................here we go again........
Last year I had advisories for
  • Surface rust on the floorpan (needs undersealing STILL)
  • Indicator lenses faded
  • Screw in a tyre
  • Rear brakes only 50% efficient
First ones I reckon will go through again (will get the tyre fixed), I've done maybe 800 miles since last year !
Just don't fancy taking the rear calipers off just to lube the sliding parts especially not in this cold !
Anyone got a warm (er) well lit garage I could borrow for a couple of hours ??? ;)

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hopefully make a few meets this year as long as YPJ makes it through the MOT without major expense........and when you are fit enough to run them !
Trying not to take on too much stuff this year, well that's the plan.

·
Registered
217 Posts
if it makes you feel better mine failed on welding last week had a quote from the garage for £420 to fix it

Lucky my brother drove 260 mile round trip (he now has a 156 SW 2.0TS) and did the welding all for a ton

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great.............all ready to go to the MOT and she doesn't start, looks like I'm hitting the BBoB !

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cleaned BBoB ( didn't look that bad) then reseated the immobiliser connectors and away we go !

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Where's that then??
Already had it booked for HalfordsWeds morning and paid upfront only for them to ring and say they can't do until Monday.......they use a manual diary in branch rendering the online booking system a waste of space.......needless to say the regional manger got his ear severely chewed especially as I won't get refunded for 4 days.
Now booked in at Wickham tyres on Weds at 14:30

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bet the mechanics don't smile like that either, Wickham are doing it for £40 so I'll leave it there, they did the ****roen last time and let me do a couple of small bits (bulb and move tax disc holder) to ensure it went through first time while I waited :thumbs:

Plus I HATE with a passion going to Newgate Lane ! :rant:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts